**** car salespeople

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Looking at Challengers. Have one in mind in Miami FL that I will ship up. Not interested in talking to anyone. Pinged their email and asked for best price. In last five minutes have gotten three emails from three different salespeople, a VM, and a text. Holy shit. I am straight up abusing them and they keep coming back. I cannot wait for a future in which robots will replace these urchins.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Looking at Challengers. Have one in mind in Miami FL that I will ship up. Not interested in talking to anyone. Pinged their email and asked for best price. In last five minutes have gotten three emails from three different salespeople, a VM, and a text. Holy shit. I am straight up abusing them and they keep coming back. I cannot wait for a future in which robots will replace these urchins.

good luck in the Miami market...My buddy (lives here in Tx) found a great deal on C7 Grand Sport in Miami and it was a cluster**** trying to get a deal put together with the dealership, basically wanted to buy the car remotely and have it shipped...he gave up...

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
good luck in the Miami market...My buddy (lives here in Tx) found a great deal on C7 Grand Sport in Miami and it was a cluster**** trying to get a deal put together with the dealership, basically wanted to buy the car remotely and have it shipped...he gave up...

Discouraging. I did the same thing last year with a dealer in Milwaukee and it was a pleasure. They moved it into their showroom and kept it on the floor for a week and half until my transport showed up. The scumbags in miami are a different breed.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Discouraging. I did the same thing last year with a dealer in Milwaukee and it was a pleasure. They moved it into their showroom and kept it on the floor for a week and half until my transport showed up. The scumbags in miami are a different breed.

I think that is the game in a market like Miami, they had a few C7 GS cars marked way down, but then they just played games when he tried to buy it. On paper the deal looked much better than anything he could find here.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I think that is the game in a market like Miami, they had a few C7 GS cars marked way down, but then they just played games when he tried to buy it. On paper the deal looked much better than anything he could find here.
Theres a Jeep dealer in Phoenix that wants to charge $250 for Nitrogen filled tires. Ill take my factory filled FREE air thank-you-very-much.

BladeX10

Established Member
traditional car salesmen is such an obsolete profession now. 95% of the people who are buying cars already know exactly what they want when they go to a lot. You can find everything you need to know with 1 or 2 clicks on the internet. Some of the times you know more than the actual "pro" themselves. The first car brand that switches to a more modern form of car buying from dealerships will have my business

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Theres a Jeep dealer in Phoenix that wants to charge $250 for Nitrogen filled tires. Ill take my factory filled FREE air thank-you-very-much.
Last dealer i worked for wouldnt sell you a car unless you paid for nitrogen. it was $299.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I think most car buyers today are completely ignorant. They know nothing about the car they are buying. Ask them what engine they have, how much power it makes, now many gears in their auto trans...they have no clue.

TV ads today are ridiculous. 90% of them tell you nothing about the car itself. Why the hell would specs be important?!?! Like the stupid Mini commercial now with the black fella singing as he drives through an empty city. ZERO facts about the car. WTF?!?!

So...my point is...if consumers know jack shit about the car they’re buying and commercials tell you jack shit about the cars being sold...why the heck do we expect the salespeople to know jack shit about the cars they’re selling? I know some salesmen who are knowledgeable...but in my experience they are few and far between.

We are by far in the minority when it comes to knowing anything about the cars we drive. Every time I buy a car, I know 10 times more about it than the seller.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The cold hard truth is that without meaningful interaction with the customer, there is no incentive for the dealer to go through the work to generate the number you are looking for. A successful transaction is a 2 way street. I will say, as a guy who has bought my fair share, if I am not having fun with the purchase, why buy from that particular dealer?

I used to have customers come in and absolutely refuse to provide any information about themselves and say give me your bottom on that truck, I always wondered how they thought that approach would accomplish anything. The managers would never give them the "best" price.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Same thing when i bought my truck last year. Inquire about a specific truck they have, 3 different sales people call and text. Kept repeating to come in and test drive over and over. Just gave up. Eventually i found a truck and dealer that just answered my ****ing questions before i wasted my time coming in

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BRNG ITT

Established Member
3EE9F675-2574-475B-A1B3-7059D8C22034.gif

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
The cold hard truth is that without meaningful interaction with the customer, there is no incentive for the dealer to go through the work to generate the number you are looking for. A successful transaction is a 2 way street. I will say, as a guy who has bought my fair share, if I am not having fun with the purchase, why buy from that particular dealer?

I used to have customers come in and absolutely refuse to provide any information about themselves and say give me your bottom on that truck, I always wondered how they thought that approach would accomplish anything. The managers would never give them the "best" price.

Meh. All they have to do is reply to an email and open a letter with a money order in it. When my truck arrives they give the driver the keys and mail me the title. They should be so lucky to have a customer as painless as me.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
About a month ago I sold my Camaro back to the dealership

There was a black c7 on the lot a month prior

In a span of 2 weeks before I brought the Camaro I called 3 times.. simply asking for “ a price on it” all 3 times “ we will check” no call back all 3 times

I show up with the Camaro.. funny the corvette is still there. I mention how I talked to 3 salesman who didn’t want to bother giving me a price. Weird how all of a sudden the sales manager “ WHOA WHOA THIS IS THE PRICE LETS MAKE A DEAL”

Nah dude I’m good

Users who are viewing this thread