Car registration and smog?

BackInBlack

Established Member
I will be moving soon on some military orders to a different state (not sure where yet). Currently I have no smog laws and I don't think I would pass if I had to with the current exhaust setup. When I move do I have to register the car in that state or can I stay registered in the state I am currently in to avoid the smog laws?

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
I will be moving soon on some military orders to a different state (not sure where yet). Currently I have no smog laws and I don't think I would pass if I had to with the current exhaust setup. When I move do I have to register the car in that state or can I stay registered in the state I am currently in to avoid the smog laws?

You will most likely have to register the vehicle in the new state. You may be able to retain your old license though (depends on the state).

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
If you are in the Military you can keep your license and registration of your old state.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
If you are in the Military you can keep your license and registration of your old state.

ditto.. been in the Navy over 17 years, lived in California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, North Carolina and Maine in that time and all my vehicles are and have been registered in Oregon for that 17 year timespan..

Users who are viewing this thread