Car/Parts Cravings

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I have come close to buying a ZL1 1LE, C7Z06, C6ZR1 just about every day for last two months. Winter gives me the blues and retail therapy is the only thing that helps.

Dusten

Established Member
THAT'S the bad part.

Exhaust and shit is cheap. Problem is when you've got yours 'done', you look at something else.

I JUST did my truck up, and am wanting to buy another toy now that the truck's 'done'

its an addiction.
Its why I go so long between mods on the lightning. Cheap shit is done. Right now I'm buying parts to redo the fuel system. $3400

Big brakes? $2600 for just fronts
Even doing new shocks is like $600

I quit

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I am always fine until i log into here and see the toys yall got.

Twisted2v

Established Member
Its why I go so long between mods on the lightning. Cheap shit is done. Right now I'm buying parts to redo the fuel system. $3400

Big brakes? $2600 for just fronts
Even doing new shocks is like $600

I quit

The worst is when the "upgraded" parts go bad. Some have like a 1/10th of oem life.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
All jokes aside, I'm dead serious about manufacturing stuff next year. Looking for a used knee mill that I can convert to CNC, bought my TIG setup (still need a decent MIG for stuff that doesn't have to look show quality)

The monocoque thing is really tearing at me. I've got a friend who has been hounding me about building a CNC to cut mold bucks for laying bodies. Aside from the chassis and body, everything else is easily sourced from OEM parts. Why have an exotic that is unreliable when I can easily source electrical from proven parts. Hell, Audi and Honda are famous for doing that.

john11gt

Established Member
My wife is lucky we don’t have property here. I told her the other day, if we did, it would be littered with $300 vehicles.

I just moved here to Washington state in June and am floored at all the cheap, mostly rust free vehicles there are.

I was about this |..| close from buying a ‘73 Jeep wagoneer for $300 a couple weeks ago. Everything was there minus the carb and radiator, with a 360. Floorboards were rusty but not rotted. That would of been an awesome fun daily with a 6” lift on 35s with an ls swap.

usafimj

Established Member
I sold my ‘08 GT500 before deploying this past July. By the time I’m ready to buy in a few months I’ll have around $20K saved up. I’m starting to look at 11-14 GT500, 13 Boss 302, or 17-18 5.0. Not sure which way I want to go.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
School and work pretty much take all my time. Might sell the Genesis too, after working from 7-5 then school 6-10pm almost every night, last thing I give a shit to do anymore is hop in a finicky manual. When we were looking at newer cars to replace our old fusion, perusing cl/autotrader/etc felt more like a chore and nuisance, whereas I used to enjoy doing it almost daily to keep up on what's out there, prices, options etc. And parts cravings, for me with the Genesis, lack of aftermarket will fix that craving.

Hopefully that'll be fixed whenever I get back into having a fun car that has aftermarket and I have a place and time to mod them.

Users who are viewing this thread