car Mileage?

Spitfire_17

Established Member
I have been recently looking for a 96-98 cobra and i was just wondering what some of you guy's mileage's are? Im mainly finding them in the 50-80k area and was just curios..how long do these cars usaly last under Normal conditions with some beating on every once and awile? thats sorta a dumb question but i thought i would ask lol..thanks :)

joec

Established Member
1998 cobra - 128k miles. still running like a top. only MAJOR issues i've had were my motor mounts went bad and crushed my rack and pinion. cost me close to a grand to fix. but other than that, she still runs good :)

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
'97 18,500 miles but some of the hardest miles any Cobra has ever seen! Some common things(Water pump seal,IMRC gum up,emissions stuff) but still quick and solid.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
97 should hit 58K on the way back from Houston this weekend. I haven't had a single problem with it (well the sway bar broke, but that wasn't a big deal).

Spitfire_17

Established Member
Well see, i just sold my car in my sig., so now i got about $8700'sh to find a cobra,but i love the 94-98 cobra's and im set on getting one... ive been finding alot of 96-98's in that price area with about 70-100k on them. Just been wondering how much longer it might hold out untill i would have to rebuild It. Seing how i wont have the money for it right anytime soon. So my search continues to find one..lol wish me luck .. anything i might need to be aware of when looking at these models of cobras? anyway thanks guys :-D

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
Spitfire_17 said:
Well see, i just sold my car in my sig., so now i got about $8700'sh to find a cobra,but i love the 94-98 cobra's and im set on getting one... ive been finding alot of 96-98's in that price area with about 70-100k on them. Just been wondering how much longer it might hold out untill i would have to rebuild It. Seing how i wont have the money for it right anytime soon. So my search continues to find one..lol wish me luck .. anything i might need to be aware of when looking at these models of cobras? anyway thanks guys :-D

My suggestion, although it may be hard, is to find one stock. Modding cars is what causes most of the problems you see on here. However if you find one that hasn't been touched, it makes life a lot easier when you do start modding and something happens. If you buy a car that's been modded you just never know what's been done.

I got lucky, my brother didn't modify his (my) cobra and I bought it off him. :rockon:

96SVT_2_NV

Established Member
96 62K

yea $8000-10,000 gets an avg 96-98 with anywhere bewteen 50K-100K miles

$11,000+ will get you one an immaculate cobra with under 40K

Users who are viewing this thread