Car launches into the water at local car show

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Figures this happens at the one I dont go to. I wonder if he was really "outside the car" when it happened...

Car launches into water at Captree car show

image.JPG

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
thats a shame...I am going out on a limb here and guessing he or she was "showing off" leaving the show?

Common

Established Member
thats a shame...I am going out on a limb here and guessing he or she was "showing off" leaving the show?

Article states he wasn't in the car when it took off. It says car took off, he ran and got in it to stop it, but it was too late, it hit a plant, spun out and off it went. Sounds hard to believe but several witnesses claim this according to the article.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
guy had remote start in a stick, hit the button when sitting down for lunch, car took
off, he ran ti jump in and hit the gas rather than brake, took off hit a GT500 and a couple of bikes...guy went in the water with the car but got out okay.

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
guy had remote start in a stick, hit the button when sitting down for lunch, car took
off, he ran ti jump in and hit the gas rather than brake, took off hit a GT500 and a couple of bikes...guy went in the water with the car but got out okay.

Ouch, big bummer.

That was an expensive lunch.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
heard it was'nt even his car! He was a mechanic who replaced the auto tranny, with a stick and forgot the neutral switch and sat on the remote and it took off.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
haha that sucks, low tide too. I make it out sometimes - some nice cars there

as if the troopers didnt break enough balls now they will bust it up more often

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
Article states he wasn't in the car when it took off. It says car took off, he ran and got in it to stop it, but it was too late, it hit a plant, spun out and off it went. Sounds hard to believe but several witnesses claim this according to the article.

yeah, I know...VERY hard to believe, IMO...."eyewitnesses" are not always the most reliable...lol....

arc00ta

Established Member
Looks like a 3000GT to me. Sucks a lot, guess he won't let his car run with him outside from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread