car keeps throwing codes....help!

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
About 2 months ago, threw on a whipple and the mods shown in my sig. Car's been running great except it keeps throwing these codes. I clear them off and it pops back up again with the SERVICE ENGINE SOON light coming on.

P0175 System Too Rich - Bank No. 2
P0172 System Too Rich - Bank No. 1

After I cleared it the first time, the SES light came on again and I got the same two codes along with a new one which was

P1000 OBD-II Monitor Testing Incomplete.

Any idea what's causing this? Something to do with the tune? The tune I have on there is marked with +5% fuel.

Need some help from you tuning & engine pro's!
*Yes, I have the MIL eliminators on my offroad x pipe too. Could one of them be faulty?

Last edited:

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
I'm not a tuner but it looks like your getting too much fuel. You need to get it back to a tuner and straighten it out. The 3rd code will always show after a cpu reset, the car must be driven for a few days to clear that code. That code prevents you from clearing codes just before an emissions test.

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
TEABG said:
Kenne Bell Boost a Pump sucks ass...............................

why do you say that? Myself and many other run one w/out any problems

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
You need to have your tuner take out more fuel in closed loop. Your fuel trims are maxed out, and your car is throwing the codes you are seeing.

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
TEABG said:
Kenne Bell Boost a Pump sucks ass...............................

I was wondering if that was to blame. :shrug: Maybe it's pumping too much fuel and pressure into the lines. I've got it set at the recommended 35%. Should I try backing it off a little?

My tuner is checking with SCT to ask them what could be going on. Will advise when I hear back from him.

Thanks for the help so far! Much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread