Car is tuned, pulls like a friggen freight train

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Finally after a couple years the car is done. It ended up at 534 hp/ 562 tq. Lidio does his job well! I will post the dyno sheet when I get a chance but going to Chicago this weekend will delay that. It spins the tires in third gear now and it greased them in 4th at 75 mph on I-94 today:burnout: I need an alignment which will get done next thursday. My buddy is a mechanic at the Jaguar dealership in Farmington and his boss gave the ok to align my car there as long as he gets a ride in the car afterward. Gotta love getting the hookup on an alignment. Stage 4 steg with 2.76 upper 4 lb lower still managed to hit 18 lbs of boost even with ported/polished heads, oversize valves and the crower stage 3's. I didn't expect that at all. It does drop off at the top end but that's to be expected for an eaton. I gained 54 hp and 90 ft. lbs of torque compared to what it was before.

Last edited:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Are the cams degreed?

John Tymensky at Modular Performance dialed everything in. He set them up the right way. Lidio said he's seen alot of ported blower cars not make the boost there supposed to. Mine sure did, 18 lbs instantly and the throttle response is insane. Hats off to MP, they build one hell of an engine. The only thing I would have done different is start with the boss 50 block and stroke it to 5.3 liters. It didn't lose boost due to the way the intake cams are set. Usually with the worked over heads and cams you would see a few pounds of boost less but not with this setup. Whipple setup next year is on my list.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Modular Performance FTW

Glad to hear it, Kevin! :burnout:

Last edited:

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Great numbers...even better with the Whipple next year.

Sean suggested .020 over because I was on the line with the stock shortblock (which I knew). My thinking is like yours: bore/stroke a 5.0 Mod block vs the stock 4.6L (which you can not buy specifically 03/04 Cobra block anymore) and go all out

Last edited:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Great numbers...even better with the Whipple next year.

Sean suggested .020 over because I was on the line with the stock shortblock (which I knew). My thinking is like yours: bore/stroke a 5.0 Mod block vs the stock 4.6L (which you can not buy specifically 03/04 Cobra block anymore) and go all out

There are no sleeves in the boss 50 block which is great. It's a stout piece. John at MP said he's been building a bunch of them.

Users who are viewing this thread