Car is in the shop, do I smell a clutch?

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Well, my baby is under the knife this A.M., the dealer confirms that the clutch refuses to disengage completely when it's hot. So now, are they buying a clutch or am I?

I'f I'm buying, it's going to be a Spec II, you can bet on that.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
I dont think the Dealer will install after market clutches :shrug:

SpecII is pretty good. Very Light Clutch feel :D Just like my Focus ;-)

Well keep us posted.

stang99

Someone is trying a RAM clutch with the stock flywheel and initial reports are favorable. I would carefully research my options before settling on a Spec clutch.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
P. Just cause ur installer suck :burn: Doesnt mean that the SpecII sucks :shrug:

My Squeal is present still but not like before either....but i will live with it.

John the SpecII has the Composite TOB. That thing will squeal like a dirty pig....but some have been lucky with out any real issues.

The Mcload might be a good choice. Based in Cali & think the clutch is like 450 or so. SpecII was 339.00.

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
My Service Advisor is pretty cool, called me this morning and said if any weakness are found, warranty. If I just roasted it, they'll install a Spec II if I bring it to them.

I know labor at the dealer can be high, but they'll already have it apart, and they won't bitch about a throwout if they install it.

Still waiting for an answer from them. Off to school.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
I can't believe my clutch keeps hanging on. It's hard to say it's not working with 1.81 60 ft by Adam at C-Bad, and a bunch of under 2.0 60footers. I just hate that intermittant squeal, so we keep trying to break it. The silly thing has withstood at least 60-70 1/4 mile launches.
JW

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
XMP Rides to the rescue again. I think I'll look for a weekend place down there, so we can really get to know each other.

:lol: LMAO :lol:

Actually XMP is called my weekend get away ;-)

:beer:

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Eric is shipping a clutch to the dealer. No Warranty, but they'll install the Spec II.

The replacement clutch kit (pressure plate, clutch, TOB and Flywheel) is $600.00 from Ford. Kits only, can't do just a clutch plate. Almost as out of whack as the TOB retainer deal.

So I get a Spec II, Firewall Adjuster, Quadrant and Shifter this week. Now I need exhaust (the neighbors will hate me), maybe a little more air pressure through the intake, and a Predator to compensate for it.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
Now I need exhaust (the neighbors will hate me), maybe a little more air pressure through the intake, and a Predator to compensate for it.

If u want them to really hate ya go for Magna-Pak's ;-)

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
looks like xmp's gonna be pretty busy this saturday so i'm probably gonna get bumped to sometime next week. :( oh well, any reason to take a day off. :D

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
looks like xmp's gonna be pretty busy this saturday so i'm probably gonna get bumped to sometime next week. :( oh well, any reason to take a day off. :D

:eek: nah called XMP the other week so ur secure on saturday :shrug:

Unless u were going to do some crazy stuff.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
:eek: nah called XMP the other week so ur secure on saturday :shrug:

really? i spoke to eric about an hour ago and he said "um, we're pretty busy this saturday..." there's probably some other stuff that came up?

Unless u were going to do some crazy stuff.

nothing crazy. just the qa1 shocks, mm bushings, steeda bushings, rollbar, ds loop, kmember, kb, etc.

j/k ;-) i was just asking if he could do the 2 sets of bushings and ds loop.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
nothing crazy. just the qa1 shocks, mm bushings, steeda bushings, rollbar, ds loop, kmember, kb, etc.

j/k ;-) i was just asking if he could do the 2 sets of bushings and ds loop.

Allan....just talkd to Jeramiah....ur in bro. Think Eric is confussed... The Sema Shows coming around so im sure they are stressing in the head to get the 2 cars that FORD wants displayed in good time.

If u talk to Eric, tell him its the SVT Camp ;-). All parts are in.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
coolio. i think eric had me mixed up w/ john - "you're in for a ds loop and firewall adjuster?" ;-) so he's got me lined up for the ds loop and the mm irs and steeda diff bushings. thanks for checking dude! :thumbsup:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
coolio. i think eric had me mixed up w/ john - "you're in for a ds loop and firewall adjuster?" ;-) so he's got me lined up for the ds loop and the mm irs and steeda diff bushings. thanks for checking dude! :thumbsup:

:eek: I was doing it for the Free Pizza :shrug:

:lol: The more folks the better :D :p

;-)

Users who are viewing this thread