Car is breaking up?????

03 svt

Established Member
Car was falling on its face and stinking of gas so I changed the frps it was bad for sure. While i was at it I put the disc from kenne bell in there to prevent futuer blow outs. well now it breaks up under any kind of aggresive throttle at all and you can just forget wide open it wont evin rev up in gear??? Is the disc to restrictive? Is my BAP bad? One of my pumps gone up? No CEL and revs perfectly smooth out of gear. Got to be fuel related. Appriciate any info thanks

03 svt

Established Member
I have my doubts on that I just changed it whe nI put my upgraded trans and clutch in like 1200 miles ago. I hit the rev limiter hard showing off and that was the beginning of these issues.

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
When those disks blow, you can get fuel going through the blown FRPS and into your vacuum/boost line at 39+ psi. Probably need to just let it run for a bit to clean it all out.

mdrc347

Established Member
When those disks blow, you can get fuel going through the blown FRPS and into your vacuum/boost line at 39+ psi. Probably need to just let it run for a bit to clean it all out.

Agreed. I had the same thing happen, and it seemed to flood the car out for awhile. I ended up changing the plugs just to be safe.

03 svt

Established Member
Are any of you running the disc from KB to prevent the FRPS from blowing? I Think it may be effecting my tune because te hole in the disc is tiny. It almost feels like the injectors are draining the rail and the fuel pumps can't keep up. I'll try to ge the disc out and see what it does

03 svt

Established Member
How long did you have to run the car to get it cleaned out? I removed the disc and went for a ride, It runs horrible falls on its face a varied rpms and even stalled out a couple times still no cel though. I'll try driving it around somemore today.

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
I've seen it take a while. A buddy of mine ended up with about a half gallon of fuel in his upper plenum. Check your oil and make sure it doesn't smell like fuel. It should clear itself out soon the more you let it run. Exhaust smell rich?

03 svt

Established Member
I just changed the oil when I changed the switch it did have some gas in it, not a ton though and yes it smells fatter than usual.

keith89

Established Member
could be your replacement FRPS. Had one blow a few years ago. The first new replacement I put in was bad out of the box. It was a pita to figure out that's what it was since it was new. Just a thought. I have Fore rails too. The restriction is built into the rails, so the KB disc should be no problem as it is not flowing fuel through the disc, it's merely allowing pressure. The smaller hole in the disc softens the shock of sudden fuel pressure increases but does not affect pressure readings. If it was flowing fuel, that would be a different story.

03 svt

Established Member
Well I drove it around this morning the breaking up cleared up after a while but now when you get on it, the car falls on it's face at about 15 psi no matter what gear your in. I'm thinking I should change the plugs

perry2k12

Established Member
Definitely change the plugs. I had the exact same problem when mine blew and new plugs cleared it right up. My air filter was also logged with fuel...

03 svt

Established Member
Ok changed the frps pulled all the plugs and looked at them they looked fine, I sprayed them with brakleen and reinstalled them. Seems to have made zero difference. The car just falls flat on its face if you try to go wide open and seems to break upunder normal driving now too. MAybe my BAP is bad? would I get a code if one of my fuel pumps were going up? I don't want to throw parts at this thing I've spent enough on it already

mach1033

Established Member
Next is coilpacks. Sounds like you have an electrical gremlin. Also make sure all the grounds are clean.

03 svt

Established Member
Its shameful. so you dont think it could be a fuel issue huh? Also what is every one running for coil packs? oe or aftermarket?

mach1033

Established Member
Its shameful. so you dont think it could be a fuel issue huh? Also what is every one running for coil packs? oe or aftermarket?

Stock coil packs hands down. If it is the pumps then your gonna have to drop the tank and have them tested. Either way when this shit happens it takes time, money and patience to find the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread