Car is almost done. HP predictions anyone

1fast97Cobra

Established Member
Ok i am almost done with my car. Should be ready for the Ocean city May20th car show. I am wondering what power level i will see from it. Here is a list of parts.

MMR900 shortblock
Killan performance partial ported heads 3angle valve job
Comp cam stage 2, with springs and retainers
Vortech s-trim v1 running 14lbs
air to air intercooler
Pro-M mass air meter
55lb injectors
walbro 255 GSS340 pump
Boost-a-pump
BBK LT headers
D and D k-member
Spec stage 3 clutch
FRPP driveshaft
4.10 gears
IMRC delete's
MSD packs
bbk 65mm tb
March underdrive pulleys
F1 lighted flywheel
New Tremec t-45
Comp cam timing gears
lighted timing spacers

Just wondering about what power level i might see.

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
I'd guess 530-560. You going to keep the 4.10's? I have them in my 450hp car and I think I need to go down.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
depends if you really see 14 psi. You have a well flowing system. Based on that though, low 500's hp high 400's tq

harvboi05

Established Member
how do you like that spec 3 clutch?

im with everyone else, ~530whp

lafeva

Established Member
like 300whp. jk i'd guess around 500-540 range, i hope its ready for the OC car show, hope to see it there

mcaligiuri

Established Member
get rid of the underdrive pullies, not gonna help when you have a supercharger

94venomV8

Established Member
I'd guess 530-560. You going to keep the 4.10's? I have them in my 450hp car and I think I need to go down.

He needs the 4:10s for the centri blower where 4:10s on a PD blower car is over kill at that power range. Your boost comes in way quicker therefore your gonna spin way easier then he will. If he goes down in gear it will take forever to get into his powerband.

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
Of course, alot depends on the tune and the dyno. But mine made 500 rwhp with a stock engine, IC, BBK LTs, and 12lbs of boost. I think with your improved heads, cams, good tune, and 14lbs of boost you'd better see at least 550rwhp at 7000 rpm or I'd be miffed.

Last edited:

1fast97Cobra

Established Member
i was hoping to see 600 or close to it. I still have some parts to get. The shortblock i will have in 2 months. I also need to buy the cams. I was looking at the stage 2 comp's but if anyone has any other cam options please let me know. I have the heads, retainers, and the springs are on the way. Also need 55lb injectors and a few last parts for the blower. Then everything will be ready to roll. I didn't realize how much money it cost to mod a 4V. I also wanted to say thanks to everyone for the help with getting my setup together.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'd say probably around 550 ish.. but like someone already stated it all depends on how much boost you actually see.. you maybe over spinning the S-trim as well which won't help.. I say sell the S-trim and buy a YSI

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
He needs the 4:10s for the centri blower where 4:10s on a PD blower car is over kill at that power range. Your boost comes in way quicker therefore your gonna spin way easier then he will. If he goes down in gear it will take forever to get into his powerband.

Yeah but you want the blower to load up for a while for you to stay in full HP. With 4.10's he'll be shifting too quick to keep the boost up for the HP in my opinion.

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
Yeah but you want the blower to load up for a while for you to stay in full HP. With 4.10's he'll be shifting too quick to keep the boost up for the HP in my opinion.

What do you mean load up? The blower will build the exact same boost no matter what gears you run as long as the belt isn't slipping. And unless the tires are spinning, it is all going to the ground, just faster with higher gears.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Centri's don't load like a turbo does boost is relevent to RPM because it's belt driven. so 4.10's are usually the gear of choice..

Myzticsnake

Savage
Established Member
I'd say probably around 550 ish.. but like someone already stated it all depends on how much boost you actually see.. you maybe over spinning the S-trim as well which won't help.. I say sell the S-trim and buy a YSI

I think Drew is making like 700 hp with his V3 s trim on his wife's sloleen. From what ive read over on corral, the vortech's really dont mind being overspun, but then again, i would agree on maybe moving to a t trim or ysi, lot more room for growth.

Dont see many sn95s with a ysi, but maybe im not looking hard enough.

Anyways, my guess would be ~530hp, 475 tq.

Users who are viewing this thread