Car Insurance

SVTcobra2

Established Member
Alright i have come to the conclusion that i pretty much hate the insurance companies. Im 18 years old and have 1 small accident on my record that should be gone in may. I had a 01 cobra and the insurance was so high i only ran liablitly, but then i had problems with it and went for a 2007 mustang gt. im doing payments so i need full coverage on this and they are trying to rape me. My mom is helping me find one, but the best so far is $33? a month i believe? WTF? Ill pay the car almost 3 times to the insurance company by the time the loan ends. How can i get it to go down some. Another problem is, my dad hasnt had the best few years and has like 1 or 2 wrecks and 2 speeding tickets on his. Are they any tips or good companies? We've tried most and are currently with allstate.

AkGirl

Established Member
State Farm? My lightning insurance is $66 a month full coverage but then again I am married, no tickets/accidents and have been with them for 8 yrs

CobraKraiger

Know Not Anxiety Or Fear
Established Member
I don't understand your post says $33 bucks a month, what am I missing? Is there a digit missing? Ill assume you meant $330 a month, if this is the case can you get on your parents policy? Do you have a good student discount? And can you raise your deductable? Any of these will generaly lower your monthly payment. Also check out Wawanesa (sp) insurance, they are a low risk carrier so I'm not sure if they will take you but they are by far the cheapest I have ever seen since they don't use individual agents. By the way I was about 19 with my 99 cobra and I paid $180 bucks a month for insurance so it seems to be the nature of the beast to get ripped off when your young.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Hmmm...here's an idea. Drive the kind of car an 18 y/o should drive. You gotta pay to play, son, so "pony up" (pun intended) the checkbook if you want to drive a new mustang gt. BTW, don't expect this stigma attached to your youth to dissolve any time soon. I still caught the same attitude after I was out of college but not yet at the magical age of 25. My insurance expenses cut by more than 50% as a whole after I hit age 25...not sure why. I'm still a stupid fcker:)

WshIHada03SBCbr

Established Member
33$ a month?? You gotta be kidden me? MAybe 330$? You should have your mom down as the primary driver of your car with full coverage, thats how we have always did mine and my brothers insurance. way cheaper.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
please tell me you meant 330$.

i will cry tears of happiness the day i pay 33$ a month for insurance on my 03 Cobra, or any other car. i pay 230$ a month currently for full coverage, 25/50/25 coverage with a 500$ deductible under progressive. hell even liability only on my 91 GSX was 70$ a month.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member

i will cry tears of happiness the day i pay 33$ a month for insurance on my 03 Cobra, or any other car. i pay 230$ a month currently for full coverage, 25/50/25 coverage with a 500$ deductible under progressive. hell even liability only on my 91 GSX was 70$ a month.

I pay $36/month right now for my 03....but it's on 'withdrawn from use' status for the winter:(

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member

damn, i had 100/300/100 on my L with a 250 deductible through geico on my L and i only paid 73 bucks a month. i have two speeding tickets and a claim for hitting a deer on my record right now.

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
I hope you meant $330 otherwise you are losing your marbles.

I JUST got mine dropped down to $83/month after hitting 25. Premiums cut in half. Now thats a hell of a birthday present. :)

Juruense

Banned
Don't try to live beyond your means. Get yourself a nice used Civic and concentrate on the important things in life like making one for yourself.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Hmmm...here's an idea. Drive the kind of car an 18 y/o should drive. You gotta pay to play, son, so "pony up" (pun intended) the checkbook if you want to drive a new mustang gt. BTW, don't expect this stigma attached to your youth to dissolve any time soon. I still caught the same attitude after I was out of college but not yet at the magical age of 25. My insurance expenses cut by more than 50% as a whole after I hit age 25...not sure why. I'm still a stupid fcker:)

LOL...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlEICRcV9Vw

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Am I the only one that got the 33$ a month part:shrug: Just a different way of saying $33x. I mean c'mon this is the INTERNETZ every word in teh inglish lang-wage gets plyd with.

But, I pay $239 a month for a 98 GT completely clean record (hopefully stays that way and I don't bring back the "convoy fever") from Geico been with them for 2 years (I'm 22). USAA wanted $6000 every 6 months (they got the bird real quick) and $9000 a year for full coverage on my R1. Geico gives (takes) $150 a month for liability and comp on the bike.

Bend over and take it:shrug: just don't let them throw sand on it.

SVTcobra2

Established Member
yes, i meant $330. actually i remember my mom saying it was about $6000 a year , so that means its actually even higher a month. that would suck to sell the car already. are the lightnings high on insurance?

SVTcobra2

Established Member
well i was told by everyone its going to be lower than the cobra. it was stupid, but we also bought the car earlier than planned. yall think it will go down a decent amount once my record is clear?

WshIHada03SBCbr

Established Member
Get your mom to see how much she can get full coverage with her as the primery driver a month, we always have done that, my insurance on my 05 sierra and my 90 foxbody gt was only 140$ a month with full coverage on both of them. I priced insureance just for the foxbody and it was 329$ a month:bash:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Get your mom to see how much she can get full coverage with her as the primery driver a month, we always have done that, my insurance on my 05 sierra and my 90 foxbody gt was only 140$ a month with full coverage on both of them. I priced insureance just for the foxbody and it was 329$ a month:bash:

at 18 and living at home with a brand new car it is not likely to go down much if at all. because for the most part it is assumed the 18 year old will be driving the car.

As has been said, man up and pay the bill or sell the car and get something that is more 18year old proof. your rates are not likely to down much until you turn 25. If you get married before 25 they will go down some but the biggest drop will come when you hit 25. It is a magical age where insurance providers have statistically shown drivers begin to make adult decisions while driving resulting in fewer claims

Users who are viewing this thread