car insurance scamming me?

snkebit

ITS A COBRA not a stang
Established Member
ok several weeks ago a telephone company truck with a trailer carrying some sort of feeeding tank or pool is driving down the road. My cobra is parked in front at my work. the pool is not secured and flys out of the trailer and smashes my passenger side fender in. The telephone company tells me to get an estimate and put it in the shop. I get the estimate for $1100 and they say they will get a check to the shop upon completion. I do all that they ask well they turn it into insurance and send my estimate in and all their insurance company w gives me is a $945 check. so why would they not give me the full amount of the estimate?

Swannyvill

BLOWN '01
Established Member
usually their insurance would send out an adjuster to look at ur car and then write a check to you for how much they think the damage is worth, and then u turn the car into get it fixed. if the body shop finds any more damage you tell their insurance comp and they will cover it.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
The best idea would have been to contact your insurance company to fix the car... Then your insurance company would have gone after their insurance company to recover their losses.

97V8SHO

F-22 Crew Chief
Established Member
The best idea would have been to contact your insurance company to fix the car... Then your insurance company would have gone after their insurance company to recover their losses.

+1 other peeps ins. companies will try everything to screw you...been there done that :nonono:

Hope all goes well for you though...as long as you don't have to pay anything, you came out on top.

snkebit

ITS A COBRA not a stang
Established Member
negatory on the me calling my insurance the car is in the shop also getting the driver side door skin and rear quarter panel replaced by my insurance company from where my wife hit the car. i told them about the passenger fender and they told me they had nothing to do with it and thatt i needed to take it up with the telephone companys insurance. ill just have the body shop bill their insurance company for any expenses the check doesnt cover i guess.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
your insurance company sucks. Mine went after the other person when the other insurance company didn't want to pay. I got a check from them for the full amount.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Your insurance company should have gone after the other insurance company.

Did you have a police report filed when the accident occurred?

snkebit

ITS A COBRA not a stang
Established Member
yes i did file a police report the driver got a ticket for failing to secure his load. Im going to call the insurance company tuesday and ask them why they didnt send a check for the full amount and if they fail to give me a reasonable explaination and fail to send the rest of the money i will either 1. get my insurance company to contact them or 2. have one of my lawyers place a call to the insurance company.

97V8SHO

F-22 Crew Chief
Established Member
Hey man off topic but I just noticed you're in OK...did you buy your Cobra from a guy in Del City? Because my friend was selling his some time ago and I'm curios to see if this is it. He had coil overs, hooker headers, bassani quite thunder catback, caster camber plates, JLT CAI, and a bunch of other stuff done to it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread