Car Hops at 1500-2000rpms?! HELP!

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
What plugs are you running?

Does It kind of feel like the car is 'wobbling', or maybe like there is tiny waves in the road?

Some plugs are known to have a misfire between that range of RPM's. The NGK TR-6 is one of them. Whatever plugs you are running, you can try regapping them a little bigger. That might help some, but doesn't fix the problem all the time.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
It might be your plugs like you've said below. Just let it warm up a little more or try another set of plugs. I have the newer NGK plugs. tr7IX's. Or ask your tuner about it.

Last edited:

anc2514

Genesis 1
Established Member
Clarification

Sorry about that guys, thanks for trying to help...

1. It is NOT wheel hop, i just got rid of that problem :banana:! It is more of throttle type issue.... as i ease further (slowly) onto the throttle, it hops a little, it seems to mostly go away once the car is COMPLETELY warmed up...

2. If it is the plugs... what are the BEST plugs for these cars?

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
A lot of people switch to Iridium plugs to solve the problem. They seem to offer a nice improvement in driveability, and really help/eliminate this misfire at part throttle, and at idle. But even then, switching plugs doesn't always eliminate the problem.

This isn't my direct experience with them, just info that I've learned while searching around. I've had the same problem ever since I first put in TR-6's. I regapped them a little bigger and that helped some, but then I got my ported blower and had to gap them back down because of spark blowout.

A lot of people like to go with either the NGK TR6ix, or TR7ix plugs as a better alternative. Most people are happy with these.

Tims97SVT

Established Member
I have played with a few diff kinds of plugs in mine. I have used copper autolites, ford replacement plugs, ngks cant remember what ones, and tr6 ix's. so far my best luck is the tr6 ix's

Users who are viewing this thread