car hesitating under WOT

jays03cobra

Established Member
hey guys, not new to forum but haven't owned a cobra in a couple years. im not really mechanically inclined but do understand most things as I read more and more. so heres my question:

I recently bought this car and when I took it to the tuner we went for a ride. during WOT it gave some "slight" hesitation. immediately he said seems like it needs plugs. im running stock coils. according to previous owner he had a set of weapon x in it and said it ran like shit??? that doesn't make sense to me. hes got a canned sct tune on it(which ive never been a fan of).

basically I need this thing running tip top as I plan to keep it for years. also I noticed A/F this morning was idling kinda messed up when first starting. once again im not sure if this is normal on first start up. car also has trouble turning over occasionally. I suppose plugs could be a huge root to the problem. should I be running stock coils on a car making this HP? seems odd.

EDIT: should I just have him custom tune it and wipe out the sct tune altogether? im told I can get more hp out of the custom tune. not sure if things may run smoother under a custom tune also.
in short I don't mind dropping some cash into it but I also don't want to piss money away when its not needed lol.

Last edited:

perry2k12

Established Member
Yes definitely get rid of that canned tune. A custom tune from a reputable tuner will be much better for your car. And yes it is normal for the a/f ratio to fluctuate in the morning. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread