Car Has missing problems need help please!!!

98v8

Established Member
Alright guys first off i got a 98 cobra mostly stock only mods are a :built rear, custom offroad h pipe with some magnapacks dumped, and the 93 octane tune that comes on the sct livewire tuner.

On to the problem..... about 5 or 6 times in the almost 2 years ive had the car sometimes it will miss real bad and sputter. It has no power at all i can floor it and it goes no where. This usually lasts a few minutes and after the car acts as normal and pulls hard. i guess about the last 3 times it done it it has finally thrown check engines lights. i cant remember what they were the first time besides a p-1516 intake manifold intake runner control input error. last time it threw em it gave me p-1516 again, and (p-1131,p-1132 rich/lean bank one i thought that one was funny) and p-1260 theft detected.

After that time i swapped the o2 sensors to see if those codes followed so when i threw em tonight it gave me these codes P-1516 and then p-1157 which is bank 2 lean.

so my question to you all is before i rip my intake manifold off and put delete plates in and get a dyno tune do you guys think anything else could cause this? the o2 codes changing banks has me stumped a little bit if its messed up why doesnt it do it all the time?

P.S. Only other odd thing the car does it sometimes when i start it for the first time in the weekend it tries to die when i start it. it normally catches itself after a few secs and idles fine after that. Also if im driving say 40-50 mph and push in the clutch it goes from about 900 to 1400 and back down again and keeps doing this. however it idles fine if not moving at all.

Sorry for the long read guys just wanted to try and add as much info as possible and thanks for all the sugestions

Users who are viewing this thread