Car has gone quieter

hades_1

Established Member
Recently I noticed that my car have gone quieter than it used to and I was wondering what could have caused that. It used to have a relatively loud and deep exhaust sound on the freeway or when accelerating quickly, and now I hear the wind a lot more than the engine when on the freeway. I cannot pin point exactly when it happened, I guess I was driving one day and started to notice that it wasn't like it used to...
I checked the spark plugs and they are fine.
The only thing that I changed recently are a new CAI (using factory tube) and welding some holes from one muffler and tail pipe (but I am pretty sure that was long before the change in engine noise).
I don't think I have lost power, but I am not 100% sure since I barely ever 'step on it'.
No change in mpg: I seem to get 17mpg regardless of how I drive; mostly city or mostly highway or mix of both, accelerate quickly or not; always 17mpg.

Last week I sea foamed the car but no changes whatsoever.

Any idea what could have caused a change like that? Should I try to do a compression test on the cylinders?

Last edited:

hades_1

Established Member
Right, I haven't thought of that. What would be the best way to test them? I have a SCT tuner and I'm not getting any codes right now.
I can try to data log some info with the tuner and a laptop but I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread