car got hit

black10th vert

Established Member
I was setting at a red light when the truck behind me stopped about three car lengths back to talk to his buddy in the car beside him. The light turned green and the other lane of traffic started moving and for some reason the cars in my lane just sat there. I looked in the mirror and the guy never looked foward just started driving. I was blocked and couldn't get out of the way. I blew the horn and he looked up and slammed the brakes and I let out on the clutch to relieve some of the impact and he nailed me. He had a early 90's gmc lowered and luckily his bumper went below mine and wiped out my catback. My bumper is pretty scuffed and needs to be replaced and one taillight is a little scuffed but it might buff out. We took the bumper off when I got home and the metal looks ok around it. The top of the right quarter panel is wavy but I'm not sure it hasn't always looked that way. The sides are steal straight. But I can atleast laugh at the guys truck, it was screwed up. The whole front of his truck looks like it hit a wall.We didn't think he could drive it home but he did at about 10 mph with parts hanging off of it.
I hated to see it happen.It only has 7,000 miles and hasn't been out in the rain. I figured I would come on here for some sympathy and somebody to share some tears with. Atleast we are all ok and my little boy was ok in the back seat. For good news of the day my wife is 6 weeks pregnant and they took her first ultrasound picture today. :pepper:

Last edited:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
You have my sympathy. :whine:
I know how it feels because I had a minor fender bender this past summer. I guess we're both lucky...no one was hurt and the cars were just scuffed a little. She'll be like new in no time. If you didn't like your exhaust now you have a good excuse to try a different set up!

Congrats on the new family member. :thumbsup:

turbodawg97

Established Member
im really sorry, similar thing happened to me but the only damage was to my bumper and seeing as how i had just put on my catback the day before i am very lucky.

YoungJim

Established Member
I know the feeling... trust me, from far more experience than I'd like, its worse when someone backs into your car.

svt99rag

Established Member
Thats a horrible feeling, I had 250' radio tower guide wires whip all over my car scratching every panel and most of the glass....$7000 damage when all was said and done. Could have been worse, the tower fell on top of the van parked next to me.....the same place I was parked the day before. The car was 2 months old

mrose75

Established Member
:cryying: Man, sad stories. It sux big balls though. Had a jack@ss back into my driverside door. I opened my newly folded door and the window fell to the ground and rolled up. Had it only 9 months. All better now. So you have my sympathy:( .

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldnt be able to control my anger lol. Sucks that your car got messed up, but be glad it wasnt worse and be glad nobody got hurt. Congrats on your new baby!

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
Damn man i HATE to hear that!!! Glad you and your family were alright. Pony can be fixed..as much as it hurts to see it. Ive been rearended twice..once at a redlight lady plowed me at around 45-50mph.. i was SO SO SO pissed..lady wouldnt even get out of her car..guess she thought i was gonna kick her ass.. it did the same damage as your car has.. and a year and half ago in the same car a guy hit me at another redlight taking out another rear bumper and screwing up my back/neck pretty bad.. Watch out for injuries man.. mine didnt show up untill after the 1st wreck..the 2nd one got me really good i still have problems..Congrats on the little one on the way!!

Users who are viewing this thread