Car goes in next weekend!!!!

RED99COBRA

Established Member
The wait is finally over. I just recieved word that my Promotion t-45 is going to ship next monday. I have been patiently waiting for 2 months for it to be built. In addition to the t-45 I am having an Intercooled Kenne Bell, DSS level 2's, SLP Line lock, and a Billetflow IRS brace installed. Needless to say I couldn't be more excited. I will post the Dyno results and driving impressions when I get it back.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
awesome! glad to hear an update. i remember when you just ordered everything.....also, does it always take a couple of months for the promotion t45's like that? if so i guess i need to plan accordingly when i get mine.

RED99COBRA

Established Member
I got the 9PSI intercooled Kenne Bell. The Promotion takes about 2 months to get once you order it. They have the input shaft forged for them by an outside source and are at their mercy. However, Walt and Wally who own the place have been great to work with. The whole thing with the axels, transmission, clutch, flywheel, quadrant, Blower, big oval throttlebody, linelock, irs brace and labor for everything is about $14,000. Its a big number I know but I was looking at a Viper or a C5 Z06. With this I will be faster than most on the street and have no car payment. I am saving now for the anticipated engine build. I want to do it b4 it blows so I can use my block and crank.

CobraRookie

Established Member
If you take out the flywheel and clutch and add forged rods, pistons, high output oil pump, 4:10's and a dyno tune and another $4000 you'll be even with me on hardware and spending. I have a D1sc though. I figure I officially have at least double what the car can be sold for invested now but, boy has it been fun getting it fixed up and boy is fun to drive now. The way I figure it, you won't find anything as fun or fast for what I've spent and it's been fun messing with the car.
Don

CobraRookie

Established Member
The engine rebuild which included .020 overbore, bearings, and the stuff above was about $3900. I had Sean Hyland do the work on my car and so far it has been a great experience. I know some guys have had trouble with his cams and things but the work on my car went exactly as he said. He only messed with the bottom end on my car as far as actual engine work. The S/C install looks good too. He even exchanged some parts that were on my car for some he had in stock for nothing. I was really happy with the way he treated me. As long as the car stays reliable I will sing his praises. His shop is only an hour from me and I was impressed with the stuff I saw at his shop. There aren't as many options around here as there are in the USA. It turned out I knew a guy who works for him as well.

RED99COBRA

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I have a guy in Oklahoma who specializes in Mod motors who is going to do all of my work.

Users who are viewing this thread