Car goes from Fuel source 0 or 5 to 2? Why?

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
We doing a slow sweep in 4 gear the car will go from fuel source 0 to 2 at about 490 AD COUNTS. In a WOT situation the car will go from fuel source 5 to 2 at about 883 AD COUNTS. Why does the car go into source 2??? Advantage datalogger says fuel source 2 is used when an exhaust component is too hot... how does it read this?

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
^Yes
Fuel Source 0 = Closed Loop
Fuel Source 5 = Open loop (WOT)
Fuel Source 4 = Start up mode
Fuel Source 2 = Open Loop because an exhaust component has become too hot

The problem is I don't know how exhaust temp. is determined to understand why the car goes from fuel source 0 or 5 to 2.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
That's what I am thinking but I'm hoping someone who has had experience will chime in. I could understand it more if the car was running real lean, but as you can see from the logs its not.

CAPONE

Established Member
Curious...Does your cars still have cat's?

Last edited:

CAPONE

Established Member
My guess...

In the fuel scaler, there's a switch for cat temp that's available on Cobra's and late GT's. When the scaler is set to a value of 1, it's active & will add extra fuel to cool the cats. When this happens, you'll notice a mysterious richening at WOT. I see your STFT's at WOT indicated ~ 11.5 afr, when @ #5 fuel source...Once fuel source went to 2, you got really rich ~10.5.

Assume analog signal was your w/b...So I can apply your w/b transfer, what kind is it?

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
analog 1 is a dynojet WBC
Analog 2 is a afx w/ ntk sensor

workmangc

Stay away from SHM.
Established Member
My guess...

In the fuel scaler, there's a switch for cat temp that's available on Cobra's and late GT's. When the scaler is set to a value of 1, it's active & will add extra fuel to cool the cats. When this happens, you'll notice a mysterious richening at WOT. I see your STFT's at WOT indicated ~ 11.5 afr, when @ #5 fuel source...Once fuel source went to 2, you got really rich ~10.5.

I had done some research on this and saw that it was to cool the cats also. So.....assuming that if he has deleted the cats he should set it to 0 to disable the fuel change?

Users who are viewing this thread