Car Flips Into Pond

SVTcobra2

Established Member
On the way back from eating i got a call saying a car had wrecked into a pond down the street. At first i thought it would be cool to see, but still hoped noone was hurt. Got there and it turns out it was a Evo that went into the pond. The speed limit on the road is 35, but it is known for people speeding on. Ill admit, back in high-school i went around the turn wayy too fast(70ish? which im more mature than to do now). I did not know the guy really, but have seen him around and i have friends that know him.

I personally believe he was doing a minimum of 85+ around that turn. He hit the curb, took out a light pole and flip down the hill landing submerged in the water in the pond. When i got there the car was halfway under water, but i heard that a few people got together to flip it so the occupants would not drown. Both of them are okay, but it was a severely stupid move and ive heard the kid does plenty of stupid things while driving:bored:

Anyways just thought i would share since its local, i was there, and people need to be careful out there.
http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=114666
Video:http://www.11alive.com/video/player.aspx?aid=92317&bw=
080418114549_dixoncar418a.jpg

CobraO4

Tuned by HBH
Established Member
Over confidence in one's capabilities behind the wheel and lack of good judgement I would say.

Another teen doing dumb shit? :shrug:

From the above article and video how can anyone tell what actually happened. The police even said they did not know. And that guy saying 70 - 80 - 90 MPH, he probably didn't even see the car.

I hate when people make comments like above. I didn't see that they were teenagers, just two people.

What I think... there was a little baby in the road that they tried to avoid causing them to lose control of the vehicle. Maybe it was an animal? Who knows.

Glad to hear they only had minor injuries.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
From the above article and video how can anyone tell what actually happened. The police even said they did not know. And that guy saying 70 - 80 - 90 MPH, he probably didn't even see the car.
I hate when people make comments like above. I didn't see that they were teenagers, just two people.
What I think... there was a little baby in the road that they tried to avoid causing them to lose control of the vehicle. Maybe it was an animal? Who knows.
Glad to hear they only had minor injuries.

this is not smackdown, so im gona keep this as constructive as possible...
but if the posted speed limit is 35... and he flipped into a pond taking out a pole with him, baby crossing or not, the kid was legitimately speeding. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. Do i think hes at fault? Absolutely. Take your cravings to a drag strip/ track or dont drive at all. I dont feel like dieing because some jerk thinks hes above the law and can take his car to life threatening speeds

SVTcobra2

Established Member
i was there and saw the aftermath. i know without a doubt he just lost it speeding. i know plenty of people who speed on that road, but must have the mentality to slow down around the turn. i know people who know the driver and nobody was surprised and said he drives like a dumbass.

not trying to flame the kid...i hope he is alright, but it was a stupid move. i guess you had to be there, but it is somewhat strange how he managed to do all that. i can get more pictures of the road for better details....

SVTcobra2

Established Member
ouch that sucks
looks like a focus
i stated before, but the car was a Mitsubishi Evolution (8 or 9? idk)....he is a local guy that people know. the car is 4wd which makes it even more evident to me that he was either hauling ass, flooring it, or both. the turn isnt even all that sharp...

Users who are viewing this thread