Car falling on face a WOT

Arod5327

Established Member
Hey guys, I have a problem in my 03 cobra and I need your help, I have gotten the code po148 (fuel delivery error), but my check engine light is not NOT on! And At high rpm's around 5-5.5 my car just falls on its face at WOT, then about two seconds later, it picks back up. Its Mainly when in 3rd or 4th gear pulls. I've changed the alternator already so it's not that. Could it be the fuel filter, fuel pump, frps?? Any information would help guys! :shrug:

watman02

Established Member
sounds like you may be running out of fuel. what are your mods?
do you have a wideban? or ability to data log? I would watch fuel pressure (commanded vs actual) and see if your running out.

Arod5327

Established Member
sounds like you may be running out of fuel. what are your mods?
do you have a wideban? or ability to data log? I would watch fuel pressure (commanded vs actual) and see if your running out.

Sorry I replied so late lol!
But My mods are slp lm2 mufflers, k&n filter only, steeda tensioner, and a 2.8 pulley. No wideband, and I can't data log :shrug:

orrinbare

Established Member
Hey man, I have an -04 Cobra and I had the exact same problem. What spark plugs are you running and what gap? I put in ngk TR6's with the right gap (dk the number) and it went away. I have a 2.76 pulley and the plugs were still gapped for stock so I guess under WOT pulls it blew out the spark? Some people don't believe in spark blow out, but thats my only answer. I assume you have it tuned for the mods also right?

FortLewisCobra

Established Member
Sorry I replied so late lol!
But My mods are slp lm2 mufflers, k&n filter only, steeda tensioner, and a 2.8 pulley. No wideband, and I can't data log :shrug:

I would get it on a dyno or data log ASAP, if its a fuel issue and you keep beating on it it will turn into a motor issue very quickly. Cheap way to datalog is an OBD II blue tooth adapter and torque app on an android phone.

Edit: I keep an alarm on mine for fuel pump duty cycle >45 just to be sure I don't run lean, but a wide band would be better.

Last edited:

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
bad/faulty; FRPS, PPRV, FPDM, coil pack/plug, or clogged injector
whats your mileage?

Users who are viewing this thread