Car disrespected? Post your story

DREX01AZ

Established Member
So another thread got me thinking about all the times someone came into my car with no respect towards it at all. Just flopped in the seat, dragged their dirty feet over the sill and would slam the door leaving greasy handprints. The worst is when they lean on your car with a belt on. I wanna grab them and bash their face in with my foot because they dont care even when I tell them not ta touch my car:fm: Me being an absolute perfectionists towards it will always point it out and let them know that I care more about the car than I do about them!!:nonono:

And I only have a '01!! Can't even think what id do if I had a Termi.

Just wanted to here your guys' stories when someone disrespected your car and got you pissed off.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Same way here...I'm so paranoid about my car being touched/nicked that I don't even take it in to service...I force myself to do all the repairs on it and by no means am no mechanic...however, when something is out of my league the good ole svtperformance.com forum kicks...I get pissed when my friends are like, "dude, it's only a car." that's what they say drivin' a POS...that's why I love my family/close friends because they know how much the car means to me and they respect it...rich kids/people who don't know shizz about cars disrespect it by touching it...but the funny thing that I have realized that "Regular Joes" or common class people really respect the car and come over and always look at it, and they keep their hands off too....

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
While stupidity still pisses me off (Like the belt thing) I am more of "It's just a car" than I was years ago.

And
Don't call it a "Termi"

gt90_hatch

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
I have a s ten with a 350 in her and the truck is two different colors is flat black on the top half and maroon on the bottom half so i went to a car show this weekend and i was there all weekend and every time i went up to the room to cool off someone would be all over it and leave sweaty hand prints all over the flat black and there really is no way to clean it so it sucks.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I sold my 03 awhile back, but the people I worked with constantly took advantage of how important it was to me when I had it. When it came to pulling pranks, for some reason the Cobra was always the main attraction....it sucked, and was a pain in the ass, but they never actually did damage to it. It did get quite old when I would clean it, and I would get nothing but useless comments about how it was pointless I took that good care of 'just a car'.

I currently own a Z71 Tahoe, and even still I had to deal with idiots. Another moron I work with will constantly throws his beer bottle tabs in the cab and things like that. It doesn't bother me, because I end up just crow hopping them at the side of his truck (due to the countless times I've told him not to). In the end, it's just a truck and I use the hell out of it....but, that doesn't mean it can't look nice and stay in great shape.

In my opinion, how someone takes care of their car can ALSO be a similarity on how they take care of themselves.

Last edited:

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
a while back one of my buddies, while i wasnt paying attention, lit a cigarette in my car car, imagine the look on his face when i pulled over and yanked the cancer stick out of his mouth and made like i was gonna slap the crap out of him. i was so pissed. he hasnt ridden in it since. its those types of things that make me mad. when i was in the police academy, we all parked in the same place. instead of actual firearms we had gun molds in our holsters made of a chunk of aluminum. i almost ruined my chance at being a cop when some dickhead in another class walked by my car and drug the gun mold along my door. i got out of my car and went ballistic. he said" dude, its just paint." i wanted to skin him alive, i was so angry. now granted, it is just paint, or it is just a car, but its my car, and i love the damned thing. some people just dont understand what a car can mean to a person.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I don't care as much about the condition of my current vehicle because it is older and is going to be put through a lot of crap offroad, but I still care nonetheless. The other day my gf put her feet all the way up on the dash so they touched the windshield. When I told her to put em down, she scooted up and put them on the airbag instead. I told her to get em off the dash completely. She then got all pissy saying her back hurt and she was trying to stretch out and that I was insensitive. I told her she had the entire backseat she could stretch out in if she wanted. Not sure how she wanted to stretch out when she insists on having the seat way up close to the dash in the first place.

I went to the Baja SAE event my senior year of college and decided to take my GT on the trip from MD to NY and let a friend ride with me. I pretty much had to kick another girl out and into someone else's car because I didn't want anyone in the backseat. I don't understand why people can't respect my decision to not put anyone in the back seat. Should have got a seat delete to get my point across. Anywho, we stop for breakfast and my buddy gets his greasy McDonalds and sits it on the trunk lid while we are getting ready to go, then hops in the car and pulls out his food to eat. I told him to get out cuz we were eating before we drove. The whole week trip was just him constantly slamming the door hard as hell, eating all kinds of crap in the car and dropping crumbs everywhere, and just generally disrespecting my car. It might be just a car, but its worth quite a lot and I'm the one that paid for it and has to take care of it. Just because someone else thinks a car is expendable doesn't mean I do.

SpectorV

Established Member
car shows usually go ok as most people know not to touch or what not on your car... but there are ALWAYS tools that have NO clue how to respect others property... as long as it wipes off im ok (not happy but ok)

Overall I dont drive my car nearly as much as I would like to due to people out there that are car key'ing happy and all that... it does suck but its the price you have to pay to keep nice things nice...

CBrowning84

Established Member
I watched an elderly man open his door into my car. I just didn't know he had hit it at the time until I got home and saw the white paint on my door. Luckily it came out, but I was pissed nonetheless. I went back to the shop where he was and asked the owner if he knew who it was so I could call him and tell him a little about respect... but the owner didn't know who it was.

I also had a dog jump on my car the 3rd day I had it. I basically just smacked the crap out of it. It was a pit bull, and a DUMBASS one at that, so after i beat the living tar out of it (not meaning "cruelty to animals" stuff, i mean just beating a dog like when it takes a crap in your living room lol ) it just wanted to play lol. What an idiot. :rolleyes:

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
I drove my stang to a peewee football game I had to ref on sunday. It was a windy day and alot of dust settled on my car. After the game the guy I was working with needed a ride home which was just down the street. When he got out of my car he got finger prints on the door and was like oh no I got prints on your door, let me wipe them off..He then proceeded to wipe my friggin door with his palm. I was like WTF man you are just rubbing the dirt into my paint. When I walked around to look sure enough there were a few scratches. Luckily I was able to buff them out later on that night.

I've also had numerous people touching my car at shows, one time I said something to a guy that put his hand prints all over my fender and he said if you were gonna be like that you shouldnt have your car here. Needless to say he didnt like the many choice words I had for him after that and lucky for him the group of people that were with me held me back.

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
Just last weekend a friend of mine was out for dinner. He managed to get a parallel space right in front of the restaurant and a table by the front window. About halfway through dinner, an old guy in a big ole POS sedan attempts to parallel park in front of him. He backed into my friends car, not once, not twice, not even three times, but FOUR freakin times! By then my friend was out of the restaurant and screaming at the old bastard. What was the old guy's response? "But I just nudged it."
My friend told him to get the F*** out of there and find a space his car would actually fit into and have some respect for people's property.

xenodragon

Established Member
I was putting speakers in the rear of my car and my friend stopped over cuz we were going to go out for a bit. Well he sits there waiting for me tapping on the top of the trunk...i looked out the door and said stop please. He did then went to the side and I could tell he did it again on purpose.

So the next weekend when we had to move his 60inch TV to his new house, and hes all freaked out about getting finger prints on the screen...so he drapped it in sheets and made sure i didnt hold on to it by the screen...so what did i do? Licked my fingers and rubbed them up and down the screen.

xenodragon

Established Member
The whole week trip was just him constantly slamming the door hard as hell,

Ha people do that in my car too, i just wait for them to get out first, then catch the door before it slams shut and gently ease it close...

I think im just a little nuts

THE_STIG

Established Member
I had a kid lean against my car at a car meet, mother ****er has greasy little hands, I made him clean the whole spot of my car to get rid of all the hand prints. Go figure it was a mainly import car meet.

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
people think its funny to put hand prints all over my hood and roof when I'm not looking, I ****ing hate it... Spend like 2.5 hours the next day washing and detailing it and they just laugh at it.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
This wasnt my car, but it happened about a week ago at walmart. I was getting into my car and this SUV pulled up. THis whole family of latinos get out. The stupid lady driving it pulled in so close to this new eclipse. I was like theres no way they are getting out. NExt thing i hear is boom. THe kids in the back slammed their door into the eclipse and slide out, continuing to hit the car and scratch it. At that point I :shrug: and drove off. If it wasnt an eclipse, I would have written a note on their car with their license plate/my contact info.

divided

Established Member
I always make people "click" there shoes before they get in my car so they dont get all the road crap in my car. Well anyway a friend decided one day not to do this and he got in. We were driving when I smelled something horrible, this fool stepped in Cat shi* and got it all over my floor mat and carpet. Words cannot express how pissed I was.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
This wasnt my car, but it happened about a week ago at walmart. I was getting into my car and this SUV pulled up. THis whole family of latinos get out. The stupid lady driving it pulled in so close to this new eclipse. I was like theres no way they are getting out. NExt thing i hear is boom. THe kids in the back slammed their door into the eclipse and slide out, continuing to hit the car and scratch it. At that point I :shrug: and drove off. If it wasnt an eclipse, I would have written a note on their car with their license plate/my contact info.

wtf! who cares what type of car it is. The people without respect, while they probably have little money, should still get what they deserve for not respecting others property

FYI all my friends know how anal i am with my car and dont touch it unless i am. im usually ok with people leaning on it or sitting on the hood if the car has no dust on it, but if its dirty, nobody touches it as i dont want them dragging the dust across the paint. Ill usually pop the hood and sit on the plastic cowl piece though.

Midnight Venom

Reloaded's Girl
Established Member
I've also had numerous people touching my car at shows, one time I said something to a guy that put his hand prints all over my fender and he said if you were gonna be like that you shouldnt have your car here. Needless to say he didnt like the many choice words I had for him after that and lucky for him the group of people that were with me held me back.

+1 seems to me no one knows that YOU DON'T TOUCH THE CARS! Last one I went to I was walking around checkin out the other cars and when I came back my car was COVERED in hand prints, where people had leaned to look in the engine bay. :fm:

I've had a lot more incidences too but there are too many to name. People actually mess with my car more when I try to save it from greasy finger prints and jerks who can't respect it so I have calmed down about it a lot, or at least I dont show when I'm pissed unless someone does something that completely crosses the line.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread