Car dies after spirited drive

SVTNICK

Established Member
Question for you:
Twice my car has cut out on me in the last 3 months for no apparent reason. The second time being today. I took a spirited drive around town for lunch when I hit a red light..so I hit the brakes with my foot on the clutch..and what happens??? SHe dies as Im stopping. This happened once before, but Id never been able to recreate it until now. I think its an oil pressure issue when stopping hard...anybody else have any ideas? I know that Ive seen other people complain about it..but it only happens after spirited driving..or I should say stopping quickly..

any thoughts?

-Nick

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Hey,

I've seen this posted on the corral many times, but I have never had it die on me.

I think it has something to do with the dip in the idle.. next time you are slowing down "or depressing the clutch" keep an eye on the tach.. I notice that if I am above 1500 or so that sometimes it drops quickly to 400 rpms then bounces back.. Lots of people have complained about it dying on them, I am forunate to not have it that bad yet.

What I do now is wait till it's under 1200 rpm then depress the clutch and I have not had a problem with the dip.

But, this only happens when you press the clutch as you are coming to a dead stop from a high rpm.

Shawn

SVTNICK

Established Member
yes i agree with you on the low rpm thing..but there is a cause...
im thinking all of a sudden lack of oil pressure or fuel pressure possibly caused by some sort of inertia????lol Who knows..anyone know if Ford is aware??

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Go to the Corral and look for a thread called the Offical thread for the Tach Dip "something like that"

they are taking names and processor #'s and compiling a list to fax over to SVT.

Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread