Car Covers

BLWN32V

Established Member
I may not have a garage to use soon so what's the safest/cleanest way to keep your car covered outdoors? Any particular brand of car cover that works better than the other for outdoor protection? Looking for input on this, thanks.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I had a cover from California Car Covers a while back. It was made with Noah fabric. I really liked it. It was a thicker/heavy cover and it never blew off and I never had to strap it down. It was also pretty good on the paint.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
if you drive your car a lot dont use a car cover, it makes it worse as the car goes out clean and comes back dirty and when you place the cover back on it just grinds in the dirt, so only put it on a clean car , or unless you know a big storm is coming and you want to prevent stuff from flying into it you obviously have to way that risk benefit etc.

Your best bet is to clean it really well once, get a good coat of polish and 2 coats of wax on it, and then use a california car duster and spray detailer for the majority of crap during the week, and tehn if you want wash it on the weekend.

ethomass

Established Member
I have the California Car Cover made from the Noah fabric as well. Good cover, the car sits outside from march to october/november. i am lucky to have a garage spot for the winter months at my parents. Like it was stated before if you plan on driving the car often leave the cover off. Car covers can scratch a car all up.

BLWN32V

Established Member
Its pretty much a weekend car. I'm gong to get it cleaned and polished but, I just don't want the water spots. I'm not home a lot so I can't cover it up when I know a storm is coming.

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
You'll find you'll either use the cover only when you know it is not going to be used for a while or you'll drive the car a little less cause you won't feel like removing the cover and then cleaning the car up after you're done. You could also just get some waterless car wash and give the car a quick cleaning before you put the cover back on.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Wash Sunday nights and cover in the garage for the week. Next weekend its clean and ready to roll. Don't cover after driving for a day+ unless it's been washed and dried.

Users who are viewing this thread