Car can't go wot

aespinal24

Established Member
Over the last few days my car won't go wot I datalogged the car for Lund they gave me a few suggestions said it could be spark plugs or cats or O2 sensors, I replaced the spark plugs and still the car feels like it's struggling to rev under wot, drives fine otherwise. Lund said one of the injectors banks is rich and the other is running lean, just wanna troubleshoot this and get the car running 100%

Mods
Boss manifold
Lu47 injectors
E85
GT500 axelbacks
Resonator delete
Barton shifter
Spec 3 clutch
Mcleoud flywheel

Car currently has 64600 miles

Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

basspro302

Established Member
Did this happen after a repair or mod? Like did you put the clutch in or mess with anything

basspro302

Established Member
So you got your car back and it runs bad? Or its been fine for a while and then all of the sudden it runs bad?

basspro302

Established Member
Ok i was concerned maybe the 02 sensor got switched bank 2 bank. Ive seen that before on another car causing similar symptoms but it was going way rich and lean.

With out any data other than what you are describing i would say put 2 new upstream 02s and only use oem or motorcraft.

Do you have any way to read data on your car?

If you want to check the cats you can check the temperatures when they get warmed up you can also buy a exhaust back pressure gauge and install it in the 02sensor port upstream of the cat it should read less than 1psi at 1500-2000rpm. They say that less than 3psi is acceptable but any good cat i have tested never reads more than 1psi, most dont even budge the gauge off zero.

Without seeing the car or data its hard to point you in a direction.

If you can see data look at the lamda and fuel trims and drive the system rich (propane in the intake works well) best way is to remove air filter and put it through the snorkel. Then try lean by removing a vacuum line from intake (dont stall out car ) usually keeping a finger on vacuum side. Make sure its behind the throttle plate. Watch how the fuel trims and lambda respond.

Take a fuel sample could be junk e85.

Probably not a maf issue typically a problem with the maf will affect both banks equally. It wouldn’t hurt to look at the maf tho.

Do you have any codes? Does it feel like a misfire? Any other details you can provide.

aespinal24

Established Member
Ok i was concerned maybe the 02 sensor got switched bank 2 bank. Ive seen that before on another car causing similar symptoms but it was going way rich and lean.

With out any data other than what you are describing i would say put 2 new upstream 02s and only use oem or motorcraft.

Do you have any way to read data on your car?

If you want to check the cats you can check the temperatures when they get warmed up you can also buy a exhaust back pressure gauge and install it in the 02sensor port upstream of the cat it should read less than 1psi at 1500-2000rpm. They say that less than 3psi is acceptable but any good cat i have tested never reads more than 1psi, most dont even budge the gauge off zero.

Without seeing the car or data its hard to point you in a direction.

If you can see data look at the lamda and fuel trims and drive the system rich (propane in the intake works well) best way is to remove air filter and put it through the snorkel. Then try lean by removing a vacuum line from intake (dont stall out car ) usually keeping a finger on vacuum side. Make sure its behind the throttle plate. Watch how the fuel trims and lambda respond.

Take a fuel sample could be junk e85.

Probably not a maf issue typically a problem with the maf will affect both banks equally. It wouldn’t hurt to look at the maf tho.

Do you have any codes? Does it feel like a misfire? Any other details you can provide.
I'm trying to upload the log on here

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread