Car buying scam?

Sephiroth

Established Member
I think I remember a while ago different people getting email's like this about buying car's, etc. Isn't it a scam somehow?
My bro is selling his car, and he get's this, he was only asking 13k too....

How are you today,hope all is well with work? I got in touch with my client on the details of your reply to our enquiry on the vehicles condition and it is satifactory to him .
He really commended your vehicle from its features in the Autotrader advert and has instructed me to carry on the transaction at the price of $14,000 without negotiating further,since the vehicle is still for sale and in good condition as described by the advert.
I am therefore happy to tell you that I have concluded with my client and he has instructed me to carry on with the transaction, He said I should let you know that payment will get to you in a cashier's check of $20,900 which is a refund payment of a cancelled order earlier made by him.
Due to companys policy this payment has to be made out in this amount to you ,because company policy only allows a refund payment concluded on cutomers next transaction, so you are required to deduct the
cost of your vehicle which is $14,000 when payment gets to you and refund balance which is $6,900 to my client's shipper,who will come for inspection/pickup for him to be able to offset shipping & tax charges, and other cosmetic repair costs.
After payment has reached you and balance sent to shipper, the shipper's agent will come for inspection, pick up (of vehicle & signing of title papers), make some cosmetic touches then drive to a prepaid shipper for the vehicle to be shipped to my customer.
Confirm this and forward your Names, Address and Phone number for payment to be made out to you as soon as possible.
Your honesty, understanding and co-operation will be highly appreciated.

Have a nice day,
Bennet

:poke: :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread