Car bucking?

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
That just sounds like the normal shift hesitation issue, check out "PPRV delete".

Your other issue sounds more like a driveability thing. If it gets worse or the car starts to run real badly or not at all then pull the elec connector off of the FRPS and see if it it runs better.

FRPS.jpg
Thanks! What's the PPRV delete though...?

a couple of things,first is check engine lite on?plugs gapped to much,and oil leaking onto cop.are what problems i have found on mine,,also mines stock and it runs best with stock plugs..i use 12`s not 32`s.and gapped at .35..and i have this problem now as we speak,but i have oil leaking onto #8 plug.if i clean it its good for a couple of days than jerks again when oil fills the hole.it jerks while trying to drive as easy as you can going slow:beer:
No check engine light... it could be a small issue like plugs or fuel filter, maybe a leak somewhere in the CAI... checking all these this weekend.

If you guys have any other possibilities, please post.

hotcobra03

Established Member
bucking/jerking

FWIW mine is stock and i only have a predator to use to monitor whats going on,,here is from my ford cd on what they would look for with no code????2003 PCED OBD SECTION 3: Symptom Charts
Procedure revision date: 06/30/2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 3: No DTC(s) Present Symptom Charts

Chart 1
Starting Concerns: Stalls After Start
Stalls/Quits: Idle, Acceleration, Cruise
Runs Rough
Misses
Buck/Jerk
Hesitation/Stumble
Surge
Unique Idle concerns: Rolling Idle
Note: For stalls on passenger car applications, engine may stall if left running while refueling. Advise customer to turn engine off while refueling to avoid contamination or damage to the EVAP system.

SYSTEM/COMPONENT REFERENCE (Section 5 Pinpoint Test unless noted)
Check The Following PIDs:
DPFEGR (if equipped) (hot idle value within 0.15V of KOEO value)
LONGFT1 / LONGFT2 (value between -20 and +20)
VPWR (value between 10.5 and 17.0 volts, and within 0.5 volts of battery voltage)
DPFEGR PID value not within 0.15V of KOEO value:
For vehicles equipped with ESM EGR: GO to HH33
All others: GO to HE100
LONGFT1 / LONGFT2 value low (-):
Continue diagnosis.
Concentrate checks in areas that would cause the engine to run rich.
LONGFT1 / LONGFT2 value high (+):
Continue diagnosis.
Concentrate checks in areas that would cause the engine to run lean.
VPWR not between 10.5 and 17.0 volts:
Go to the Workshop Manual, Charging System Section 414.
VPWR between 10.5 and 17.0 volts, but not within 0.5 of battery voltage:
CHECK B(+) supply to PCM power relay (or CCRM). CHECK VPWR circuit between PCM and PCM power relay or CCRM. CHECK PWR GND circuits.

For vehicles that run rough at idle:
With the key on, engine off, check the INJxF PIDs (the "x" indicates the injector number, there will be one INJxF PID for each engine cylinder). All INJxF PIDs must indicate no fault (or NO).
INJxF PID(s) indicate a fault (an injector circuit fault is indicated):
Natural Gas applications:
GO to HA60
All others:
GO to H56

Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor
GO to DC25

Secondary Ignition System
GO to JB1

Fuel Delivery System
Natural Gas Applications:
GO to HB1
All Others:
GO to HC1

Exhaust System
GO to HF1

PCV System
For 4.6L Mustang, Aviator:
GO to HG1
All Others:
GO to HG4

Natural Gas applications with rough idle:
Injector circuits between NG module and injectors.
GO to HA57

EVAP System
Check for EVAP system blockages (engine stalls) or leaks (other symptoms). REFER to Evaporative Emissions, Section 303 in the Workshop Manual (Section 310 for LS, Thunderbird, Explorer, Aviator and Blackwood).

Automatic Transmission
Automatic Transaxle/Transmission - Section 307 of the Workshop Manual

Base Engine
Engine System - General Information, Section 303 of the Workshop Manual

Intake Air System
GO to HU1

Applications with A/C Pressure Sensor (3 wire sensor):
A/C pressure (ACP) sensor input to PCM
GO to DS22

Additional Testing
GO to Z1

Additional Checks:
NOTE: Some applications have a PID that will indicate whether the PCM is reducing torque (TQ_CNTL)(#095E b0), and if so, why the torque is being reduced (#095Eb1-13) (0 = No torque reduction requested; 1 = Torque Truncation. Cuts fuel to protect when line pressure fails to minimum limit; 2 = Traction Control Event. Cuts fuel and/or spark for traction control; 3 = Vehicle Speed Limit - Cuts fuel).

Correct PCM vehicle identification (VID) block information (refer to Section 2, Flash Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM)
Be aware of engine RPM/speed limiting functions of the PCM (look for incorrect high vehicle speed signal from ABS, VSS or OSS)
Verify fuel cap is properly tightened, and not physically damaged.
Drivelines
Manual transmission/clutch
Charging System
Traction control system (if equipped)
A/C system (for surge with A/C on)
Speed control system (for surge with speed control on)
A/C compressor diode, if equipped (for rolling idle)
:beer:

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
I just started to have this problem today. It is really noticeable in 1st and 2nd gear from about 1600 to 2400 rpm than it gets a lot better. Haven't had the time to really look at the car yet, but any advice would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread