car bogs out!!!!!??

MustangSVT96

Established Member
Ok well I noticed my car is bogging down to like 2900rpms when I shift into 2nd gear I know I have a bad o2 sensor drivers side downstream. Also I have no cats so the cel is on. It feel like my car loses a lot of power when I floor it from the start. I Don't know if it ever did this before cuz I don't drive it much and never beat on it. A little history about the car 57k miles flowmaster 40s, mac pro chamber h pipe....any ideas or tests I can do from my house??

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
i would get new spark plugs and throw those in, then if not i would invest in a Motorcraft or Napa set of plug wires, my car was doing the same, replaced the plugs wires and plugs, whole different car..

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i would get new spark plugs and throw those in, then if not i would invest in a Motorcraft or Napa set of plug wires, my car was doing the same, replaced the plugs wires and plugs, whole different car..

+1 might be misfiring.
i had mil and 02 sensors and a tune so i was like wtf? i did a tune up and it went away...for the most part lol :beer:

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
yea the pass side is just as easy..maybe he means caus eu gotta take the cold air off to do it..its cake tho bro...just remeber the order of the wires and do 1 AT A TIME only 1!!!...and yea if it is backfiring u prob have a miss

MustangSVT96

Established Member
Ok well today I just changed the plugs, wires, and coils..the problem is still there. Tomorrow I am going to take a video of it in action. My tires no longer cherp 2nd gear and i cant burn out into 2nd gear my car feels like a pig...

96mystic_915

Established Member
that was going to be my next guess was a problem with the injectors and make sure all your wires are pushed down i had one on mine when i bought the car that was not pushed down all the way and it acted like that

MustangSVT96

Established Member
Ok at idle the car is normal, driving reguler normal, from a dead stop i floor the car shift into 2nd gear and the rpms go from 6500 down to 2800 and car feels like it loses power then it kicks in. So my car feels slow and i cant cherp gears theres something wrong here.

MustangSVT96

Established Member
Ok well I checked my codes looks like one of my imrc's are stuck closed/open (code p1519) maybe its time to take the car to the shop to get ripped apart and fixed cuz this problem sucks. Also is cleaning imrc's a job you can do in your driveway?

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
yes u can clean the IMRCs in ur dway, its not too hard...it takes about 2hrs as a first timer tho to take off the stock upper and lower intake to get down to the IMRCs..it is easy to figure out tho....goodluck

Users who are viewing this thread