Car bogs at WOT; Can't go into Boost

sweetslvr

Established Member
Hey Guys - Today I did a WOT pull and right when I dropped to third at about 50 mph, I floored it and the car bogged like it hit a brick wall and the check engine light came on. It would not go into boost. I did some research on these forums and I think maybe it could be the FRPS? I'm no expert, so I wanted to get your opinions.

My mods are:
Posi Port
2.76 upper only
KB BAP
MAFia
NGK TR7IX Plugs
Borla stinger catback, o/r x
jlt rai

I got the error codes when I got home. Here they are:

P0234 - Turbo/Supercharger over boost condition
P1237 - Fuel pump secondar ck t (fuel pump driver module)
P0148 - Fuel delivery erro
P0405 - Exhaust gas recirculation (egr) ck t low

Thoughts??

Thanks!

Tom :beer:

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
Yeah, you need a tune!

Your car probably has a EGR delete and that can be cleared in the tune. Also, the FPDM might need to be replaced.

sweetslvr

Established Member
Yeah, you need a tune!

Your car probably has a EGR delete and that can be cleared in the tune. Also, the FPDM might need to be replaced.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I had it tuned by a very reputable shop. I had the car tuned about 3 months ago and I didn't have any problems with it until today. It just happened all of a sudden today. Thanks for the reply! Anymore suggestions?

Last edited:

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you have a way to datalog? If so you should monitor your manifold pressure and your fuel pressure. It might be one of these pressure tranducers could be faulty, your tune is bad, or your BAP kit is faulty in some way.

Sometimes different codes thrown at the same time mean something specific. Take to your tuner or a reputable Ford tech and ask. Report back with any interesting findings.

One more idea, maybe a connection to the BAP is loose?

Last edited:

sweetslvr

Established Member
Do you have a way to datalog? If so you should monitor your manifold pressure and your fuel pressure. It might be one of these pressure tranducers could be faulty, your tune is bad, or your BAP kit is faulty in some way.

Sometimes different codes thrown at the same time mean something specific. Take to your tuner or a reputable Ford tech and ask. Report back with any interesting findings.

One more idea, maybe a connection to the BAP is loose?

I just checked the BAP connection and it looks like everything is connected. I don't know how to datalog, although I do have an Xcal 2. Modding my car is fairly new to me so I'm not the most savvy person when it comes to fixing these types of things.

I'm gonna contact my tuner on Monday and bring it up to him to take a look at it. Thanks for the suggestions guys! Keep em coming if you have anything else!

sweetslvr

Established Member
Yeah looks like the tune is shot. Take it back or go somewhere else.

I'm gonna take it back to the tuner I went to and have him look at it. The guy I went to is one of the best in the area and I've only heard good things about him on these boards as well as other mustang forums. I did my research on tuners before I took it to him. I would never take my car to anyone that doesn't have a good track record. Thanks for the suggestion! :beer:

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
I'm gonna take it back to the tuner I went to and have him look at it. The guy I went to is one of the best in the area and I've only heard good things about him on these boards as well as other mustang forums. I did my research on tuners before I took it to him. Thanks!

Yeah, the tune might have glitched out on upload to the ECU system. See what happens, they will probably try a re-flash of the tune. Keep it out of boost until it's fixed.

Last edited:

sweetslvr

Established Member
Yeah, the tune might have glitched out on upload to the ECU system. See what happens, they will probably try a re-flash of the tune. Keep it out of boost until it's fixed.

Thanks - I'm definitely keeping it out of boost. I had to drive it back to my house after it happened (~10 mins away) after I made sure there wasn't any abnormal sounds coming from the engine and it ran just fine under normal driving (without going into boost of course). I'm definitely not going into boost until the tuner looks at it and fixes it.

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
The only way that the computer would throw the overboost code is if the computer is in stock form and sees over 9-10psi of boost. All tuners will adjust the boost bypass in the tune to allow the car to see and hold over that boost limit.

Thats why it seems like it needs a tune because its throwing the over boost code. It needs to be checked out and probably taken to a different shop. Also, take a good FPDM with you just incase it needs to be replaced as well.

Since I see that your in PA. Look up Jon Lund. One of THE baddest tuners around bar none!

Last edited:

sweetslvr

Established Member
The only way that the computer would throw the overboost code is if the computer is in stock form and sees over 9-10psi of boost. All tuners will adjust the boost bypass in the tune to allow the car to see and hold over that boost limit.

Thats why it seems like it needs a tune because its throwing the over boost code. It needs to be checked out and probably taken to a different shop. Also, take a good FPDM with you just incase it needs to be replaced as well.

Since I see that your in PA. Look up Jon Lund. One of THE baddest tuners around bar none!

I've run my car WOT a lot of times after I got the new blower on and the tune...like I mentioned; I had the tune for a little over three months now. Why wouldn't the overboost code have come up earlier? Why would it have just occurred now? Sorry if these are dumb questions, still learning about these cars and modding...

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
check the vac. lines around the blower in the mean time. check for them being loose, cracked or damaged.

Users who are viewing this thread