Car bogs at 3k rpm when cold.

Battle Max

Established Member
Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me out with this issue as i tried searching with no luck. I picked up a 94 Cobra which is stock and i love. Recently i noticed when the car is cold it wont rev past 3k RPM when cold? It usually doesn't bother me as i dont beat up on the car when its cold but i think it may turn into a bigger problem later down the road.

Once the engine reaches 3k the needle jumps and the car cuts out like im on the rev limiter. Once the car heats up it spins through the RPM's with no problem. I cleaned the MAF with no luck. Any other ideas?

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me out with this issue as i tried searching with no luck. I picked up a 94 Cobra which is stock and i love. Recently i noticed when the car is cold it wont rev past 3k RPM when cold? It usually doesn't bother me as i dont beat up on the car when its cold but i think it may turn into a bigger problem later down the road.

Once the engine reaches 3k the needle jumps and the car cuts out like im on the rev limiter. Once the car heats up it spins through the RPM's with no problem. I cleaned the MAF with no luck. Any other ideas?

mine acted similar to this and a FULL tune up solved the problem. i would start there.

Users who are viewing this thread