Car bogging down randomly

19984V

Established Member
Lately it seems my car has turned into a moody b#$%.

Its been bogging down a very random times.

When it starts if i get on it pretty hard i can feel the "bog" leave and it will pull again like normal.

Let me describe the bog; its not a misfire and the car sounds fine at WOT, but i feel an extreme loss of power. It seems to be only top end as well, bottom end it feels about the same. (shitty with imrc deletes :bored: )

Sometimes i cant work the bog out.

Any idea what this is, and WHY its happening?

Edit: I feel the bog it seems pretty consistently after EVERY time i spray. ( But randomly with NA )

I want it gone -.-

Also: on a more technical level - The bog comes and goes with my NA tune, as well as my nitrous tune with 6 degrees retard.

Thanks

Last edited:

Tx_Diablous

I build them she drives
Established Member
My first guess would be the fuel pump, but you need to data log and catch the numbers when it bogs. I would stay N/A until you find the problem.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
+1 on the fuel pump. When was the fuel filter changed last and did you get a tune for the IMRC deletes?

SVTCobra306

Established Member
Check your fuel solenoid for sticking or leakage into the line.. could be making you run rich at times, especially after spraying the car. I had a similar problem once that was my own doing.. I had tripped my master arm switch but the bottle was off, leaving me with a nice fat fuel shot at WOT.

Last edited:

19984V

Established Member
Fuel Pump about 10k ago.

Yes my car is tuned for the IMRC deletes.

With it being a fuel pump, wouldnt that affect the actual shot as well? Not just the after shot.

Users who are viewing this thread