Car Audio

TXVENOM

Established Member
I was wondering if anybody has gone with a aftermarket head unit and has installed a system in their cars I was thinking about doing one in mine but I havent found a sub enclosure that I like yet. Please show pics of your thanks

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Do you have a coupe or convertible? JL audio makes a nice box that fits a 10" sub behind the passenger tail light for a coupe. If you want somehting like that for a convertible you wil have to make your own like I did. My car is at the body shop so I can't take any pics right now of the one I made but it looks very close to the JL audio stealth box. I have a Clarion deck, Sirius satelite radio and Arc audio 5-channel amp in the trunk running all Clarion mid range speakers and tweeters. I can't remember the brand of sub but it has a big "M" in the center of the speaker. The whole system except the sub enclosure was already in the car when I bought it.

Last edited:

doczg

Established Member
SLPRCTM your sub is probably a Memphis. I haven't seen any good sub enclosures for our cars. I would just go to a stereo shop and have them make a custom one. Thats really better cuz they can match the enclosure space to match the requirements of the sub you choose, so it will optimize the sound quality. I dont think it would cost much if anymore than ordering a prefabbed fiberglass box.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
The sub came with the car already in an enclosure but was in a box that didn't really fit the trunk. I got the specs for the speaker and made sure my enclosure met the requirements of the sub. You have it easy if you have a coupe but covertibles are very limited as far as pre-made enclosures go.

Users who are viewing this thread