Car Audio/Video experts in here please...

Allanon

SVT Druid
Established Member
I bought my wife a 2006 Expedition EB and want a flip down DVD player mounted where the factory one would be. My question is can the DVD audio be hard wired to the factory head unit like it is in the factory installed ones. It has the 6 disc indash mp3 changer, so it does have the AUX input. Any connectors available that will plug into it and allow audio from the RCA out on the DVD player?? Thanks in advance.

NA97GT

Established Member
yes it can as long as your radio has a aux button, but having a six disc does not guarantee that you have this capability. if it does you will need a rca input adapter to utalize the aux in capability of the radio. do a google seacch for "expedition aux in" the connectory runs about $60-85. I run a car audio shop and do this often.

Last edited:

Allanon

SVT Druid
Established Member
NA97GT said:
yes it can as long as your radio has a aux button, but having a six disc does not guarantee that you have this capability. if it does you will need a rca input adapter to utalize the aux in capability of the radio. do a google seacch for "expedition aux in" the connectory runs about $60-85. I run a car audio shop and do this often.
It does have the "AUX" button and when pushed it says "no aux audio" Is this basically what I need?

http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=frdn-aux100

Users who are viewing this thread