Car and truck of the year named

rezcobra

Established Member
The Chrysler 300 and the Ford Escape Hybrid were named the North American Car and Truck of the Year respectively, at the North American International Auto Show. The three cars in the top running were the Chrysler 300, the Ford Mustang and the Chevy Corvette Z06. Ford had three nominees, the Escape Hybrid, the Mustang and the new F250/350 trucks. At least Ford won one!!

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Actually, the Z06 wasn't in the running. It hasn't been made yet. The regular C6 vette and the Mustang GT were the other top competitors. I'm not sure I agree with the choices, but whatever.

03CobraBro

Established Member
I dont know too much about SUV's so I cant comment, but I think the 300 was a good choice. One of the best quality cars to come out of the US in a long time, has a nice big engine that appeals to gear heads, a nice refined and classy design that appeals to luxery car enthusiests, a nice cushy and roomy ride that appeals to the older folks, and most importantly its priced very resonably for what it brings to the table. Something there for everyone and that's hard to find in a car these days it seems.

It's just well rounded, and while the new Corvette and Mustang GT's are nice cars they're too crowd specific IMO.

Last edited:

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Agreed. The 300C does appeal to a wider range of people, but the contest was on value within a car's specific class. The 300C was very well rounded. The SRT-8 should be pretty fun to drive. It puts down better numbers than the new GTO/Cavalier.

The Chrysler 300 has taken Car of the Year in just about any publication or website I have seen that announces a "car of the year."

Damn, Chrysler rules way too much.

televisVt

Established Member
Coming from someone with a dad who owns a 300C, this was a good choice.

Incredible car for the money. You would think by driving it the car would cost much more than it actually does.

Users who are viewing this thread