Car alarm HELP!??

187import

Established Member
I have a close friend who just bought a 98cobra lastweek. The problem is that if he uses the door lock button on inside of car or key remote to lock the car. Then the FACTORY alarm will sound off in less than a minute!!! The only way he can lock his car is by actually pushing the two door pins down.

Its crazy i think. I've owned 8 mustangs and never had this problem! Only thing i can come up with is that it might be the PATS system which is part of the alarm..??...

Any opinions are needed!!!

Thanks!
Josh

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
so... When he uses the factory remote to unlock the car, the alarm doesnt's un arm? Does it go off by itself or are you hearing the car passive arm ( ie alarm arms itself after 30 sec)... More details..

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
the factory alarm thinks the door is open.. If he doesn't use the switch, it doesn't arm.. I would look at the door latches.. The switch is built in to them.. If I were at home I could also tell you the door pin wire colors and you could use an LED tester to verify this theory...

CobraBen98

GO SPURS GO!
Established Member
Mine does the exact same thing. I've never looked too far into it, but I would love to have it working properly. I think I heard that you have to replace the switches all together.

187import

Established Member
Thanks guys for the help! I think ya'll are right, the switch somehow connected to the door isn't right and it sends a bad signal. I'll start there and see what we can come up with!

Great advice and keep it coming!

Users who are viewing this thread