Car accident=property damage

cobra1993svt

Established Member
There was an accident in front of my house back in April and as a result one of the cars hit and cracked my cement retaining wall. I have a copy of the police report and it doesnt say where the cars ended up after the accident.Just where the initial impact occured. The lady who hit the wall insurance company needs a report stating that her car hit the wall. When I talked to the police officer he said he could rewrite the report. That was 3 weeks ago and no call backs.
LEOs what should I do now? Is it even possible to change a report after the fact?Should I call the Chief of Police or keep leaving messages for the police officer.
I really need this report changed

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Call officers supervisor[sergeant] If that doesnt work go to the lieutenant and up. Odd that it was not in the initial report. You can contact your homeowners and fill them in. They can try and deal with the insurance co. of the responsible driver

cobra1993svt

Established Member
Geico is going to pay for the damage but they need more info that I'm having trouble getting. I will try your route Thanks for the help

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
There was an accident in front of my house back in April and as a result one of the cars hit and cracked my cement retaining wall. I have a copy of the police report and it doesnt say where the cars ended up after the accident.Just where the initial impact occured. The lady who hit the wall insurance company needs a report stating that her car hit the wall. When I talked to the police officer he said he could rewrite the report. That was 3 weeks ago and no call backs.
LEOs what should I do now? Is it even possible to change a report after the fact?Should I call the Chief of Police or keep leaving messages for the police officer.
I really need this report changed

The responding officer can add a supplemental report indicating the damage to the wall. Keep calling the department and moving up the chain (as already suggested) until you get some type of resolution.

Dreamspawn

Mach Won
Established Member
I agree with z06 i know here there is specific section in the accident report regarding property damage *Property owner, which vehicle hit, how much damage, etc...* Just call or pop in to remind somebody about it every now and then..

cobra1993svt

Established Member
Evidentely the report has a supplement now. I couldnt reach him so I dropped a SASE in his mailbox and asked if he could mail it out to me. He called and said it was there. When I asked if he could mail it he said NO. Why wouldnt he take probably less than 3 mintues and drop it in the mail. Is there some sort of regulation?

Users who are viewing this thread