Capping Thermostat housing coolant bypass line

Soap

Established Member
Don't do that, you need the bypass fluid to go down to the thermostat for it to open correctly. Otherwise the entire radiator has to heat up (from the top down) before the thermostat will open. Your car will run very hot (even with a 170* stat).

--Joe

97snakebite

Established Member
Bad info ^^^ if thats the case no one would be making crossover delete kits which we all know deletes the bypass hose.... btw op mmr makes a tstate housing u can put on the lower hose

Soap

Established Member
Bad info ^^^ if thats the case no one would be making crossover delete kits which we all know deletes the bypass hose.... btw op mmr makes a tstate housing u can put on the lower hose

It is not bad info, it is smart info. I've called and spoke with MMR about their kit, they said themselves that it is for a race application.

When you understand how the coolant system works you might think for yourself instead of putting something on your car just because lots of people make it without a bypass.

Good luck.

--Joe

97snakebite

Established Member
It is not bad info, it is smart info. I've called and spoke with MMR about their kit, they said themselves that it is for a race application.

When you understand how the coolant system works you might think for yourself instead of putting something on your car just because lots of people make it without a bypass.

Good luck.

--Joe
Its bad info because it doesnt answer the question on how to solve his issue.

Soap

Established Member
Its bad info because it doesnt answer the question on how to solve his issue.

He asked what will the vehicle temps will be on the street with the AC on, my answer was that it will run hot.

I did overlook his question of how to cap a line/fitting coming off the housing......I assumed that was very straight forward.

--Joe

Users who are viewing this thread