Capitol Friday

04yellowcobra

Established Member
As of right now yes I am going to try to get down there. Made a couple shake down passes last night on the back roads and I think its as good as its going to get! They still cracking down hard on safety down there?

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
i might try again, didnt have much luck last week...didnt realize my blow out valve was disconnected...might make it up there.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
04yellowcobra said:
As of right now yes I am going to try to get down there. Made a couple shake down passes last night on the back roads and I think its as good as its going to get! They still cracking down hard on safety down there?

Every track I've been to this year has been cracking down hard on safety equipment.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Hissssnsvt said:
Every track I've been to this year has been cracking down hard on safety equipment.

Yeah thats why I don't plan on making a full pass till the end of the night. Need to work out some jetting as well, so half passes, with only 2 gears worth of WOT will be fine.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
well going to load up the car to head on to Capital,even though its hot as hell.....who ever is going , hopefully i will see u there

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
I need tho go there tonight even if is just for watching the show... need to map quest it I forgot how to get around town:kaboom:

micksnip

Established Member
safety

Hissssnsvt said:

Ken-I kind of think that Eric Medlin's tragic death in Florida contributed to it. I read, in Hot Rod Mag, I think, that NHRA either proposed or changed the rules for Funny Cars to enhance the padding and roll cage strength up to the standard for Dragsters. Apparently Eric's death was because of a dramatic vibration in the car, resulting in him sustaining an axional injury to the brain. My son-in-Law is a MD, trained in Peds Trauma, and he said, when Eric was in a 4 day coma, that nobody survives that kind of injury.
What's next? 1/8 mile tracks for Funny Cars?
You guys all be careful out there! Got a lot more racin' left to do!

Micksnip

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Well made it through tech without to much hassle, met Jonathan from JPC, made one pass with a 2 gear pull, then got rained out.

Users who are viewing this thread