Canton windage tray help!

mustangsvt281

Established Member
i have been doing some research on the canton windage tray and im confused now lol. I wish ford didnt make the stock windage tray obsolete!!

1) can i use the canton windage tray with the stock oil pan?

2) I have read a few people used two oil pan gaskets and it worked, while others had leaks. Input and suggestions?

I know that i have to modify the pickup tube a little bit, but i am confused on the questions above. If you guys could help me clear this up that would be awesome.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I can't tell you for certain whether you have to use a larger pan, though I've read places. I've never tried mine with the stock pan.

I'm reinstalling mine with 2 oil-pan gaskets next time. I tried to simply use RTV between the block and windage-tray like you'll see suggested some places and mine leaks. So, next time 2 gaskets (I actually already have them) and dabs of RTV where the front and rear covers meet the block.

mustangsvt281

Established Member
ok so ill use two gaskets, after doing more reading it appears two gaskets is the majority winner.

I just want to know if people have used it with the stock oil pan, maybe ill call canton

mustangsvt281

Established Member
Not sure if this applies to you or not, but canton says the tray won't work with a stroker.

thanks for the info, but i didnt do a stroker buld. just forged internals with .020 over. i looked into it more on cantons website and they say that this windage tray can be used with aftermarket or stock pan. I just really wish i had the stock tray lol

9CobraVert8

Established Member
thanks for the info, but i didnt do a stroker buld. just forged internals with .020 over. i looked into it more on cantons website and they say that this windage tray can be used with aftermarket or stock pan. I just really wish i had the stock tray lol

I should still have my stock windage tray off my '98 4v if you need one?

Users who are viewing this thread