canton oil pan. should i get one while motor is out?

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was thinking id get a bigger oil pan while the motor is out. anyone agree? is there another one i should consider? part numbers?

TTA89

Established Member
I have been searching on this and havent found much info. I'd like to know if you have to drop the K-member to install one. It can't be a bad thing if your doing any kind of open track events. If the motor is out and you have the cash go for it :)

I want to see some installed pics and how low it hangs.

BTW, What happened to your motor? Every 600hp sig I see the car has the motor out!! :cuss: :cuss:

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
my cats clogged due to user error. like a dumbass i ran leaded fuel clogged the cats ruined the o2 sensors and melted an exhaust valve.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
I have the Canton Road Race pan, # in my sig, holds 7 quarts, fits nice, still lets you use stock dipstick.

vetkilr

When 600rwhp isnt enough.
Established Member
Get the MOROSO one!

They make 2 get the more expensive one(Aluminum I believe) it is awesome and fits and doesnt leak like alot of Cantons Ive seen.........

WDW MKR

Established Member
postban said:
I have the Canton Road Race pan, # in my sig, holds 7 quarts, fits nice, still lets you use stock dipstick.

I was told my Canton pan would require the use of a GT dipstick (pre-2001 I think). They said you keep the Cobra tube but run the GT stick. :shrug: Mine is awaiting the next oil change for install.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
wiz said:
my cats clogged due to user error. like a dumbass i ran leaded fuel clogged the cats ruined the o2 sensors and melted an exhaust valve.

How can you check your cats to see if they are clogged?

HotWheels

Established Member
postban said:

If you do use the Canton Road race with stock dipstick, make sure you verify the marking after adding 7qts. I have the same one and the dipstick was never checked. Anyways, oil change company put 11qts in the motor and was one of the reasons I am replacing pistons now. To much oil is a bad thing on boosted cars!!

Users who are viewing this thread