Cant win with this car...Plz help!!!

MustangSVT96

Established Member
Ok so I recently had new tokico blues, h&r ss lowering springs, remanu rack and pinion, spec alum flywheel and ram hdx clutch (400 mile break in period is over)

So to start out with this damned car after 2 wheel alignments damn wheel pulls and to keep my car straight i have to keep the wheel 1/4 of a way turned to the left. I never got a wheel alignment with the new rims and tires a yr ago so im thinking thats my prob, also wheel shakes like crazy from 50-65mph thinking bent rim but tire guy said only 1 wheel looks like it is a manu defect.

And with the new clutch and flywheel the chatter is rediculous, the tranny mount is a little mushy so im thinking maybe thats the reason why it chatters so bad? You can hear the chatter over the ac and radio on medium volume, and on the outside u can hear the chatter over my o/r pro chamber with flowmaster 40s......WTFFFF

Please advice is really needed and wanted. Thanks in advance.

Toasty

Established Member
Ok so I recently had new tokico blues, h&r ss lowering springs, remanu rack and pinion, spec alum flywheel and ram hdx clutch (400 mile break in period is over)

So to start out with this damned car after 2 wheel alignments damn wheel pulls and to keep my car straight i have to keep the wheel 1/4 of a way turned to the left. I never got a wheel alignment with the new rims and tires a yr ago so im thinking thats my prob, also wheel shakes like crazy from 50-65mph thinking bent rim but tire guy said only 1 wheel looks like it is a manu defect.

And with the new clutch and flywheel the chatter is rediculous, the tranny mount is a little mushy so im thinking maybe thats the reason why it chatters so bad? You can hear the chatter over the ac and radio on medium volume, and on the outside u can hear the chatter over my o/r pro chamber with flowmaster 40s......WTFFFF

Please advice is really needed and wanted. Thanks in advance.

My alum flywheel took what seemed like forever to break in. Be gentle, and dont ride the cluct if u can avoid it. I bet it will break in nicely.

CJK440

Established Member
First thing is to find a reputable alignment shop and get it corrected. New wheels shouldn't change alignment specs.

As for the vibes, I'd do a little testing to isolate it. Get the ass end up on solid jackstands and get it up to speed. If no vibes, its nothin in the back end. If there are, try it with no wheels. If its still there, probably D-shaft, if not, rear wheels. Then put the front wheels on the rear axle and do it again. If its still smooth, look for bent rims. You can balance an egg shaped wheel but it will still ride bad.

94venomV8

Established Member
I wouldnt get the car up to speed with the wheels off unless you have nuts to tighten on the rotors, dont forget the wheel holds the rotors on our cars and if you take the wheel off and spin it fast it could not end good for your brakes or rotors. Also you dont want to jack the rear of the car up and then let the wheels hang down as that will put a steep angle on your driveshaft (which isnt driving conditions) and could make more problems or noise that may of not been there when driving, so make sure that your wheels are around the location they are when sitting level on the ground, that will give you the best results. And make sure you plan in case it falls off the jack stands or something so put some wheel chocks in front of the front wheels.

As for the alignment it sounds like the shop you took it to may not be that good, I would take t to another shop before jumping to conclusions and spending money where you might not need to. As for the wheels if it is a manu. defect that sucks and hopefully the company will give you some sort of discount on a new one, although its been a year so I doubt that would happen.

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
You could also try rotating the tires to see if the source of your vibrations seems to change location. Worth a shot and its free.

Users who are viewing this thread