Can't wait for my new Car! 2 more months

sdlightning03

Established Member
Ordered a new E55 (S55 was a little too much) a couple of weeks ago and it finally is being built. Should have in a couple of months. Can't wait! :rockon: Still Love my L though :)

Specs:

Engine AMG-built intercooled supercharged SOHC 5.4L 24-valve V-8 engine.
Net Power 469 hp @ 6,100 rpm
Net Torque 516 lb-ft. @ 2,650 - 4,500 rpm

Color: Flint Grey/Charcoal Leather/Charcoal Nubuck
319 Lighting Package
Drive-Dynamic Seats with Multicontour Seatbacks
Panorama Sunroof
Parktronic

Still waiting to pick out what wheels I want. Not sure yet?

sdlightning03

Established Member
Test Drove a 2004 a couple of days ago. Dealer nearly pissed himself after my girl turned the keys over to me and I punched it from a stop light. Didn't feel the low end pull that the L has, but boy for a 4 door sedan, that baby flies. Keep going faster and faster. I can't wait! Too bad can't afford the SL65. haha

Craig Mack

Lightning > Cobra > Max
Established Member
sdlightning03 said:
Test Drove a 2004 a couple of days ago. Dealer nearly pissed himself after my girl turned the keys over to me and I punched it from a stop light. Didn't feel the low end pull that the L has, but boy for a 4 door sedan, that baby flies. Keep going faster and faster. I can't wait! Too bad can't afford the SL65. haha

Are you serious dude?? Does it honestly feel like the Lightning has MORE off idle snap than an E55 AMG??? I can't fathom how...look at it's torque #'s. Same size engine too, in a car. Seems like the E55 would have more neck snapping torque. Maybe it has an electronic throttle which dulls throttle response?

BTW, are the 01-04 Lightnings rated at 0-60 of ~5.2 seconds or ~5.6 seconds stock? I never found a straight answer.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Those cars are sweet, good choice. I just read in a magazine the other day a guy had one of the SL65's at the track and was running hig 11's with nothing done to it.

Users who are viewing this thread