Can't put fuel in car.

TAXPAYER

Established Member
#1TAXPAYER

user-online.png

New SVT Poster
Join Date February 2013Location Mebane, NCPosts 4Feedback

[h=2]Can't put fuel in car.!!!!![/h]
:bored: I have a 2011 GT with "NO CAP" deal.
There is a peice of metal that is not movable in any direction covering filler hole.
WT HECK? It's as if a safety door has closed over the hole and no longer allows car to be fueled. HAL 9000? 2001 Movie?
I don't drive car much and went to top it off today....
Before I go over to the local Ford Store ("which I swore I would never visit again,")
Anybody had this happen?

All so today that ticking started again, out of the blue while at idle at Bank. I have not heard it in 6 months.
Car has 6500 miles on it.
Sounds like value tap or spark arc? I know there was many reports of this but I have not been here
in a while and wondering if FORD or fellow owners came up with remedy.​

Nuar

Established Member
^ that, or if you are trying to use a gas can, in your trunk under the mat, there is a white funnel. You have to use that to pour fuel in.
Its all in the owner manual ;)

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
really? i need to look in my trunk for a white funnel.... i ****ed around for a long time figuring out the easiest way to use a jerry can to put some gas in haha... it was not an easy process.

TAXPAYER

Established Member
Got it. Thanks. I am a DA$$.
I was putting additive in it and using thin long funnel.
I found the release pins, and the funnel.
How about the ticking sound???

Nuar

Established Member
really? i need to look in my trunk for a white funnel.... i ****ed around for a long time figuring out the easiest way to use a jerry can to put some gas in haha... it was not an easy process.

haha That thing threw me off a little at first too! But I loved it since the beginning, awesome idea. No more annoying caps :D

Nuar

Established Member
Got it. Thanks. I am a DA$$.
I was putting additive in it and using thin long funnel.
I found the release pins, and the funnel.
How about the ticking sound???

These motors are loud. You will read about that everywhere... That being said, not all ticking sounds are ok... Its tough to diagnose over the net though. Your best bet is to record a good high quality video and walk around the car putting the camera closer to different parts of the motor where you think It might be coming from.
A little more info too.. Idle only? Does it get faster with more RPM? does it go away with RPMs? Does it get louder when you are on the throttle? Does it get louder getting OFF the throttle after a little rev?

Users who are viewing this thread