Can't lower car, what's the best handling spring?

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
This one's making me scratch my head. I've still got the stock springs on my 04, but I've installed a bassani X and an M55 catback and the 3" pipes on the M55 already scrape when I go over larger speed bumps (they just clear on regular ones and scrape on just about everything if I've got 4 people in the car).

I don't know if the exhaust hangers could be adjusted to get the pipes to ride a little higher, but the way it is right now I can't lower the car and still have it driveable. Anybody have any recommendations for springs that maintain the stock ride height, but improve the handling? :shrug:

Tman

Established Member
Try old Steeda's, I think they only lowered the car by an inch if not less than that. I have a Pro-kit and the car still sits high with great ground clearance and the handling improved a bit as well. They lowered the car by about 1 1/4 front and 1 on the back. Hope this helps!

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Coilover will allow you to set the ride height just about anywhere you want it.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
IF you can find them the '00R springs might be the best for you.

Otherwise, the Steeda units drop the car about an inch. They are not the same as the Eibach Pro's. Steeda has also revised theirs and they no longer sit sky high in the back.

ModsAway

Established Member
Coil overs are your only sure fire answer. They will handle awesome and as stated above you can set the ride height. Downside is cost of course...

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
Coilovers.... hmmmmm, I think that would probably be the ideal solution, but a little pricey. I talked to my local shop and they suggested the Steeda springs. They only drop about 1" so I'll have to do some measuring and see if I can adjust (probably with a really big hammer) the hangers for the exhaust.

Thanks guys, keep the ideas coming. :)

Tide612

Banned
I have the steeda's on mine and i love them. I just wish that the back sat lower with the solid. The only reason it is alittle high for me is because they are drag springs. Anyways that is my short answer for you.

Users who are viewing this thread