Can't load tune into my car?

CPRsm

^ That is not what I want to hear. Every time I think of ditching my ProCal tune for an aftermarket tune I read something like this. :cry:

It's not the tune though. It's the firmware the handhelds are using to upload. They gave me an older version that worked better without problems. He told me not to update it until they came out w something new.

86merc

Established Member
It's not the tune though. It's the firmware the handhelds are using to upload. They gave me an older version that worked better without problems. He told me not to update it until they came out w something new.

Oh ya, I understand that. But being forced to spend $1,000 to get a new PCM and labor because the warranty would not cover the faulty PCM because it had a tune in it is what scares me. lol

walked_u_hard

Established Member
as i said its very rare, ive flashed 3 different mustangs at least 30 times each trying different tunes. i never once had the issue these like these guys are having.

i wouldnt worry

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
shouldn't have read this. sct tuner was at my door today after work. tried to load tune it failed near the end with error 1034 and said reload factory tune IF car will not start. well car would not start. took almost 2 hours to get the factory tune to reload it kept failing calling out error 1016. Going to update my tuner with latest firmware from sct (can't from mac) probably won't try to load tune again until the weekend.

was a little scary with every warning light flashing and the car not starting. the odometer wasn't even working.

Last edited:

bmitchell373

Established Member
Not to thread hijack, SCT got my issue figured out this morning within a hour. Got my car running and helped my figure out what went wrong. So SCT customer service is top notch.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
shouldn't have read this. sct tuner was at my door today after work. tried to load tune it failed near the end with error 1034 and said reload factory tune IF car will not start. well car would not start. took almost 2 hours to get the factory tune to reload it kept failing calling out error 1016. Going to update my tuner with latest firmware from sct (can't from mac) probably won't try to load tune again until the weekend.

was a little scary with every warning light flashing and the car not starting. the odometer wasn't even working.

update firmware and get a fresh converted tune.

1034 = download fail, return car to stock before trying to upload a new tune
1016 = corrupted tune file[FONT=&quot][/FONT] (get new file from tuner)

Last edited:

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
the 1016 = corrupted tune file was only when trying to reload the factory tune. I've been trying to update tuner from my work PC but I suspect security settings or firewall is stopping me. will grab a laptop from here on my way out tonight.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I'm in the same boat.

I have an SF3, it's worked fine for the most part. I did the critical update recently, the one that prevents bricking the car? HA! About 3 weeks ago I went to install a tune and the download failed, dashes in the odometer and all that fun stuff. Had a buddy at the dealer a few blocks away bring an IDS over, reflash the car to stock. Then the SCT wanted to return to stock even though it already was, did so and loaded an older tune. I've updated the tune several times since then with no issues.

Fast forward to today. I put the new tune file in the handheld using a desktop computer instead of my usual laptop, no indications of trouble. Went to load into the car, same problem, dashes in the odometer and error 1016. Won't return to stock, won't to anything. I went and got the same IDS that was used a few weeks ago but this time it's not able to recal the PCM.. going to call SCT in the morning but looks like I might need to replace the PCM.

What the hell!?

5ohpowa

Established Member
Damn i thought sct was the sh#$ i had two e.c.u's fried in my old saleen from diablosport and a locked e.c.u in my old 04 mach from diablosport. Ive always used sct since and never had a issue. Definitely makes me want to keep the factory setuo or go pro-cal

balboky01

Established Member
I'm in the same boat.

I have an SF3, it's worked fine for the most part. I did the critical update recently, the one that prevents bricking the car? HA! About 3 weeks ago I went to install a tune and the download failed, dashes in the odometer and all that fun stuff. Had a buddy at the dealer a few blocks away bring an IDS over, reflash the car to stock. Then the SCT wanted to return to stock even though it already was, did so and loaded an older tune. I've updated the tune several times since then with no issues.

Fast forward to today. I put the new tune file in the handheld using a desktop computer instead of my usual laptop, no indications of trouble. Went to load into the car, same problem, dashes in the odometer and error 1016. Won't return to stock, won't to anything. I went and got the same IDS that was used a few weeks ago but this time it's not able to recal the PCM.. going to call SCT in the morning but looks like I might need to replace the PCM.

What the hell!?

You shouldn't have to replace the PCM. I had the same exact problem a few weeks ago so i called them. After a couple hours they reset the tuner with the new update and put in a recovery file and i was up and running. Its just a pain in the ass and very frustrating but they will take care of you. Others have just tried to install the tune over and over until it takes.

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Waiting to hear back from SCT right now. Interesting tech support. After being on the phone with the guy for a half hour and him remote poking around in my laptop he says well why don't you just drive it in to work. Um.. what? It doesn't run.. that's kind of why I called.

He then told me that they had information that I had the car towed to Ford and flashed so I'd have to send the tuner in and pay $75 to unlock it. Wrong again.

Now I'm waiting while they analyze the tune file it was trying to load when it went tits up. I really don't want to have to buy and wait for a PCM right now.

balboky01

Established Member
Hopefully they get it going for you. I dont know where they were getting the info regarding the car being "towed". Keep us updated

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
They couldn't, the PCM was corrupted. They reset the device firmware and wrote a rescue file. What a gigantic pain in the ass. And I have no guarantee it won't do it again!

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
They couldn't, the PCM was corrupted. They reset the device firmware and wrote a rescue file. What a gigantic pain in the ass. And I have no guarantee it won't do it again!

ive bricked my ECU a couple times. its def no bueno! my laptop is probably going to shit out due to no anti virus to ensure that it doesnt corrupt the tune file.

Users who are viewing this thread