Can't go back...

BlackCobra96

I bought AFS 10.5 Chrome Cobra R's and BFG P 315 Drag Radials to swap with my FRPP 9 Cobra R's with P245 Falkens for 'occasional' track use. However, I put the AFS wheels on for Dream Cruise (biggest auto event in the world in SE Michigan). Now I can't go back to the Falkens. No more chriping the tires in first when trying to gently pull away from stop lights. No more spinning when launching anywhere below 3000 RPM in first. Last night, I caught a light with a new Corvette with a guy eager to run and proceeded to dust him. These wheels rock! I think the wheels did more for my car than even the Vortech.

Cobra4pt6

Banned
the reason why it's sticking is b/c of those drag raidials.....you should leave the drag raidials on when it's sunny and when it looks like its gonna rain, throw the falkens on

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
agreed! 500 RWHP isnt anything if you cant get traction! You could get beat by a stock LS1 with traction in a heavily modded '03 cobra if it was a short run and traction was the key. Perfect traction can knock off huge time gaps on 1/4 mile runs too.

Users who are viewing this thread