Can't get rear wheel off because the stud is turning!

K-Dubb

Established Member
It's one thing after another!! I had 17x10.5s put on with Lethal 3/8" spacers and ET lugs. I am trying to get the wheel back off to replace the centercaps (only way I see to do it), and I can't get one lug nut off cause the stud is turning with it! Tried an impact. Tried to grip the back of it, but you can't get a good grip cause space is so tight. Tried heating it up. Just keeps turning. I am not sure if the place cross threaded the Lug or what. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited:

RussZTT

Established Member
From the back try to hammer the stud back into the hub if it came out. If not then you might have to drill it out if its stripped.

K-Dubb

Established Member
I wound up having to drill the Lugs. 3 total. The cause was from the Extended Lug nuts having chrome in the threads. They were literally flaking off in my hand even on the good ones. These lugs were hand tightened so this should not have happened. I have emailed Lethal in hopes that they will stand by their product. I am now doing ARP studs in the rear as the drilling ruined 3 of the stockers. Sucks.

K-Dubb

Established Member
I wound up having to drill the Lugs. 3 total. The cause was from the Extended Lug nuts having chrome in the threads. They were literally flaking off in my hand even on the good ones. These lugs were hand tightened so this should not have happened. I have emailed Lethal in hopes that they will stand by their product. I am now doing ARP studs in the rear as the drilling ruined 3 of the stockers. Sucks.

Lethal did give me a refund for what the lug nuts are valued at which was nice :thumbsup:. They said I was the first one to report anything like this. Hopefully I will be the last.

Blk04Snake

Established Member
You said LFP then Lethal for the spacers/ET lugs. Which did you get them from? Or is Lethal selling the LFP set?

I know that Gorilla makes ET lugs and I've found other products of theirs to be of good quality so those that are selling these may want to change their vendor for the lugs.

I have 3/8 spacers from LFP with the extended lugs as well, and I stripped out one of the lug nuts. IMO they're JUNK. Real sloppy fit on the studs.

Just ordered up a set of ARP's myself.. Don't need my wheels falling off!

K-Dubb

Established Member
You said LFP then Lethal for the spacers/ET lugs. Which did you get them from? Or is Lethal selling the LFP set?

I know that Gorilla makes ET lugs and I've found other products of theirs to be of good quality so those that are selling these may want to change their vendor for the lugs.

I have 3/8 spacers from LFP with the extended lugs as well, and I stripped out one of the lug nuts. IMO they're JUNK. Real sloppy fit on the studs.

Just ordered up a set of ARP's myself.. Don't need my wheels falling off!

Crap. Corrected my first post. It was Lethal.

Vette Eater

Established Member
i had the same issue with mine...I tack welded it from behind then used a heavy duty impact to break the stud. Once it broke and I got the wheel off, I ground off the weld and hammered it out...I have ARP's now.

K-Dubb

Established Member
i had the same issue with mine...I tack welded it from behind then used a heavy duty impact to break the stud. Once it broke and I got the wheel off, I ground off the weld and hammered it out...I have ARP's now.

Were those from Lethal or LFP? I would imagine the kits are similar either way.

Users who are viewing this thread