Can't Get Fuel Line Off Fuel Pump

lilbuddy

Established Member
I messed with this stupid thing all day. Won't budge. Any ideas?

0F9F32F9-5ED5-4EEB-AD2F-7DA239A6C014_zps0qoz2tnb.jpg

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
You have to push in and press the tool in as you do , this will let it release the spring.
Then turn the line a little as you wiggle it off.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I fought that one for a long time on my Mach, used several different styles. Finally bought the metal anodized set from autozone and the bitch popped off first try no trouble at all

01yellercobra

Established Member
You need the correct combination of hand angle, tongue out of your mouth, and cuss words for it to pop off. If it's never been off it's even worse. I've found the thinnest tool you can find along with some WD40 helps a lot. And you have to have the hose straight. If it's angled compared to the hard line at all it'll keep the tool from going in all the way.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I fought that one for a long time on my Mach, used several different styles. Finally bought the metal anodized set from autozone and the bitch popped off first try no trouble at all

Same here. Fought with a plastic one forever and couldn't get it to budge. Came right off with the metal one.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Same here. Fought with a plastic one forever and couldn't get it to budge. Came right off with the metal one.

i tried multiple styles of the plastic ones I had laying around, the metal scissor "X" ones etc... little anodized one was the ticket for whatever reason

lilbuddy

Established Member
I think the problem is the hose is bent just a little. I can tell there is more clearance on one side than the other.

I tried the blue plastic shown in the pic, the metal scissor, and the white plastic ring kind. I couldn't get the metal ring one on at all, maybe I'll try it again.

lilbuddy

Established Member
Finally got this off with the $7 metal tool off Amazon. Worked on the first time vs hours on the other plastic things from Autozone.

Car is up and running again after 18 months!

Users who are viewing this thread