Cant find 03-04 cobra engine.

Burnt Rice

Established Member
hey do you guys know where I can find an 03-04 cobra engine?ive done alot of searching and cant find anything also how much do you guys think itll cost and what other components do you think ill need.im planning on buying a 99-01 cobra and swapping the engines,what do you guys think.I thought this might be the right place to ask,but if its not then please move it mods.

Last edited by a moderator:

stvdman

Established Member
Maybe cheaper to just buy a nice 03? I have seen them go for 22-23K with some miles on them. From what I understand you are looking at $8000+ for a complete 03/04 Cobra motor, add that to a 12-14K car and your back to a used 03.

Burnt Rice

Established Member
stvdman said:
Maybe cheaper to just buy a nice 03? I have seen them go for 22-23K with some miles on them. From what I understand you are looking at $8000+ for a complete 03/04 Cobra motor, add that to a 12-14K car and your back to a used 03.

yeah,but itll be like a sleeper.everyone sees no wing no grill so they dont mess with u guys,but with a 99-01 then they don suspect much.

03RedCobra

Established Member

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
stvdman said:

In addition, add in the cost of the labor for the swap, and sorting out all the electronics. It will be an expensive PITA.

Burnt Rice

Established Member
FredK'03Cobra said:
In addition, add in the cost of the labor for the swap, and sorting out all the electronics. It will be an expensive PITA.

Me and my 2 other friends are doing the swap,both are ford certified master techicians.great to have friends like that.

JJPMach1

Red 2003 Mach 1
Established Member
not easy to find:

This is a good company, been in business for years. they were the "fancy" engine supplier for Ford for the 1st generation Mustangs.

http://www.karkraft.com/

you can get a 4V 4.6 from them that will run on it's own system and has a carb.

FRONT_LH1.jpg

Burnt Rice

Established Member
JJPMach1 said:
not easy to find:

This is a good company, been in business for years. they were the "fancy" engine supplier for Ford for the 1st generation Mustangs.

http://www.karkraft.com/

you can get a 4V 4.6 from them that will run on it's own system and has a carb.

FRONT_LH1.jpg

thanks very helpfull website

8,000$ for the 03-04 cobra engine w/o the s/c,damn starting to rethink.

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
Have a professional engine builder rebuild the motor that would be in the car you bought and then buy a KB, Vortech, or whatever and put that on.

D ABLO

Established Member
BlownShift said:
Have a professional engine builder rebuild the motor that would be in the car you bought and then buy a KB, Vortech, or whatever and put that on.

i agree just get a cast block non-alu

Users who are viewing this thread