Canned tunes

SVTwhore

Established Member
I have the dilemma of not having a decent dyno shop in my area, unless someone can recommend a shop in the southern wi or northern il area. I've read so many reviews on different company's that offer canned tunes and don't know which to go with. Any insight would be great, most reviews are pretty worthless as guys either say it works or it's a waste of money without giving any real info as to why either way. Not that it matters but the car I'm looking to tune is a mild bolt on 03 Cobra. Mods consist of upper pulley, accufab s/b t/b and plenum, JLT true cold air, C&L MAF, moto-blue idlers, slp lm2 catback and a few other little odds and ends I can't think of off hand.

I'm just looking for something to get me by till I get the rest of my parts together so I can support the blower port. Then I'll trailer it just about anywhere to get a real tune done. It sucks that Kurgan moved to GA. His old IL shop was only like an hour drive which was freaking ideal.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Maybe look at a Jon Lund tune from Lethal (I had one and it was dead on) or Rick at Amazon. I talked to Rick a few days ago and he is awesome! I haven't bought anything yet and he was giving me tips and tricks to try. They are getting a new customer!

Alex

Van@RevanRacing

I have the dilemma of not having a decent dyno shop in my area, unless someone can recommend a shop in the southern wi or northern il area. I've read so many reviews on different company's that offer canned tunes and don't know which to go with. Any insight would be great, most reviews are pretty worthless as guys either say it works or it's a waste of money without giving any real info as to why either way. Not that it matters but the car I'm looking to tune is a mild bolt on 03 Cobra. Mods consist of upper pulley, accufab s/b t/b and plenum, JLT true cold air, C&L MAF, moto-blue idlers, slp lm2 catback and a few other little odds and ends I can't think of off hand.

I'm just looking for something to get me by till I get the rest of my parts together so I can support the blower port. Then I'll trailer it just about anywhere to get a real tune done. It sucks that Kurgan moved to GA. His old IL shop was only like an hour drive which was freaking ideal.

Jon Lund has been tuning 03/04 Cobra's from the very beginning. You can't go wrong and the tune will be on the money and safe.

Custom Tune by Jon Lund - Revan Racing, Inc.

We can usually turn a tune around in 24 hours or so. If you find a dyno you can even schedule a remote dyno tuning session with Jon and dial the car in perfectly without having to trailer it all over the country.

Van
Revan Racing, Inc. - Performance Parts for Late Model Mustangs

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Rick has been tuning 03 Cobras since 2002 when they were first available on the market. He has tuned thousands of them over the years. He was one of the very first tuners to work with tuning via email.

Over the years the tech that is now available to the end user is leaps and bounds better than when he started way back when. There is nothing to fear from getting a remote e tune from Rick@Amazon. Nothing he does is canned. It is all customized for your specific vehicle in the location that you drive it.

Talk to Rick one on one. Talk to any tuner that you are considering then make your decision on who will be the best choice for the goals you have for your vehicle.

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
Try to data log and run the numbers after you get the tune. I got an SCT tuner and custom tune from Bama Tunes after I switched to a 2.81" pulley and it leaned my car way out after the I programmed it. I ran it for a month or two with it like that before I found out. Thank God there was no harm done. Best bet is always to send it to a dyno, but again just check your numbers after the canned tune.

Ironhand

Banned
You can also talk to Bob Kurgan. He will hook you up as well. :)

Now, we just need a few more tuners and we will have the best in the mustang community all in one thread. lol

SVTwhore

Established Member
Thanks for all the input guy's. I've heard good things about amazon and Jon Lund so I'll definitely be getting in contact soon.

SVTwhore

Established Member
I like the idea of having Jon do a remote tune. Once I get the port and lower pulley I'll definitely be checking into that route now knowing it's an option. The canned tune just had me a bit skeptical after reading some of the crazy AFR's and improper idles I read about.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I like the idea of having Jon do a remote tune. Once I get the port and lower pulley I'll definitely be checking into that route now knowing it's an option. The canned tune just had me a bit skeptical after reading some of the crazy AFR's and improper idles I read about.

We do remote tuning too and have for many years. Rick was one of the first tuners to offer remote tuning way back when.

Zacharyx

Established Member
I have used Monty at JMS for a long while for anything I can't get to a dyno, great guy to deal with and unless you completely change your setup you only pay for the first tune then he will update for the changes. I have run countless bolt on cars as well as my twin turbo GT car on E85 on tunes from Monty.

2002BLGT

Established Member
If you are close enough to drive it to Tim Barth at Mr. Norms he should be able to fix you up nicely , one of the best tuners in the country , the drive would be well worth it.

Last edited:

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
If you are close enough to drive it to Tim Barth at Mr. Norms he should be able to fix you up nicely , one of the best tuners in the country , the drive would be well worth it.

i already made that suggestion and the guy was going to originally bring it to me LOL..

stop2go41

Established Member
tune

Jon Lund does great work and his customer service is simply incredible. I sent him a data log file on a Sunday (thinking he would get to it Monday), he had it back to me at 7:45 Monday morning...

Users who are viewing this thread